Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As always, comments, critique, etc, always appreciated...

Fireworks1_Small.jpg

Fireworks2_Small.jpg

Fireworks3_Small.jpg

Fireworks4_Small.jpg

Fireworks5_Small.jpg

Fireworks6_Small.jpg

Fireworks7_Small.jpg

Fireworks8_Small.jpg

Fireworks9_Small.jpg

awesome shots. love the colors against the night sky.

i love the fireworks photos! Where are they taken? Reminds me of the HSBC celebration of lights I saw many years ago at Vancouver, BC sitting at English Bay.

Taken at the Esquimalt Lagoon, Victoria for the Canadian Naval Centennial celebration.

These are great. Were you shooting these in bulb, or experimenting with different speeds? Focused to infinity?

These are great. Were you shooting these in bulb, or experimenting with different speeds? Focused to infinity?

Thanks - I was using my stock formula for fireworks: All settings (including focus) on manual. Lens focused and confirmed at infinity, aperture f8 (or thereabouts) and shutter-speed generally between 2 and 3 seconds (depending on the nature of the fireworks; most of these are 2.5 seconds).

Thanks - I was using my stock formula for fireworks: All settings (including focus) on manual. Lens focused and confirmed at infinity, aperture f8 (or thereabouts) and shutter-speed generally between 2 and 3 seconds (depending on the nature of the fireworks; most of these are 2.5 seconds).

Nice, I just wrote an article on fireworks. Care if I link to your post here? Or if you want, would you care to leave a comment at the article with this stock formula that works for you?
Myfotoguy: How To Photograph Fireworks

Last edited:

Nice, I just wrote an article on fireworks. Care if I link to your post here? Or if you want, would you care to leave a comment at the article with this stock formula that works for you?
Myfotoguy: How To Photograph Fireworks

By all means; link, copy, whatever works best for you.

Thanks, I quoted you and gave a link to your gallery.

Great shots, have always tried to take pictures at fireworks shows but without much success.

Thanks, I quoted you and gave a link to your gallery.
Thanks!

Great shots, have always tried to take pictures at fireworks shows but without much success.

Thanks- as long as you've got a tripod and remote release, it's not difficult, just a bit of practice. What difficulties are you having?

Most reactions

Back