Fireworks.

StephenGagne

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Canada Day Fireworks shot from behind the Supreme Court. I didn't have room to lug a tripod with me so these were shot on a monopod at high ISO (800). I wish I had been able to take longer exposures but IS only lets you get away with so much. This was my first attempt at fireworks. Thoughts?
$7509258078_91475420f5_k.jpg

$7509268778_3657855ff9_k.jpg

Last edited:
In case it matters:
Canon 60D
18-135 mm at 18mm
1/40 sec f4.5 ISO 800

I wish I would have took pictures last night, was way too busy running around though. Shots look awesome man! Good job.

Awesome job for not having a tripod. I like the reflection, makes these stand out from all the other generic firework pics.

Canada day seems like its trying to steal the thunder of America day. 1st of July? Come on... ;-)

Thanks for the feedback.
Tyler, it's not a matter of stealing thunder, it was a matter of trying to find a day where it more than likely wouldn't snow. Summer's a bit limited up here... ;)

First shot is cool. I wouldn't go anywhere under 24mm with that lens. Very poor performance below there.

In case it wasn't clear... I was joking. But thanks for the Canadian links. :)

First shot is cool. I wouldn't go anywhere under 24mm with that lens. Very poor performance below there.

I don't understand what you mean by poor performance.

I own the lens and have shot thousands of frames at every wide focal length. Your best sharpness and IQ is going to start at 24mm. The lens under-performs below 24mm. Don't take my word for it, go read some reviews on the lens and you'll see what I'm talking about. Or, just look at your own pictures (filter by focal length).

Most reactions

Back