Firmware updates: If Nikon was like Fuji ...

Solarflare

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
... they could give me a simple firmware update to my D750 that would:
- Fix the fact the monitor activates if you change ISO (highly annoying), a riddiculous behavior no other Nikon DSLR seems to have
- Speed up AF focus point selection in lifeview drastically
Which would fix the two only remaining annoyances I keep having with my D750.

But alas, Nikon is nothing like Fuji and for such details you're supposed to buy the next camera.

... they could give me a simple firmware update to my D750 that would:
- Fix the fact the monitor activates if you change ISO (highly annoying), a riddiculous behavior no other Nikon DSLR seems to have
- Speed up AF focus point selection in lifeview drastically
Which would fix the two only remaining annoyances I keep having with my D750.

But alas, Nikon is nothing like Fuji and for such details you're supposed to buy the next camera.

So the answer here is very simple. Buy enough Nikon stock that you have controlling interest in the company, then name Thom Hogan CEO.

Lol

Pentax K-3 had a late firmware update that turned on the rear LCD all the time.It took a month for a fix but they got it right but many Pentaxtians where pretty enjoyed from it,I was fortunate enough to read about the bug first so I waited to update that fixed that update before I updated. I would think this would have been fixed by now.

So the answer here is very simple. Buy enough Nikon stock that you have controlling interest in the company, then name Thom Hogan CEO. Lol

absolutely!!!

If Nikon fixed all their cameras via firmware updates then no one would have a reason to upgrade.

I'd like to see a firmware upgrade from Samsung for my "Galaxy Note II" ... the hardware is still very good. All I need is a fresh & secure OS!

So the answer here is very simple. Buy enough Nikon stock that you have controlling interest in the company, then name Thom Hogan CEO.
Good one !

But if I had control over Nikon, the last person that would get ANY control would be Thom Hogan. :)

What Fuji did that was quite remarkable is they issued a firmware update for a camera that was out of production.
They do that all the time. Just recently they updated the X-Pro1 again.

If Nikon fixed all their cameras via firmware updates then no one would have a reason to upgrade.
Thats probably their thinking.

Good to know they update because i just ordered the Fuji X-T10 got a cracking deal on a two lens kit.

I'd like to see a firmware upgrade from Samsung for my "Galaxy Note II" ... the hardware is still very good. All I need is a fresh & secure OS!
Galaxy Note 7, Oh wait, that upgrade didn't go so well. My bad. :biggrin-new:

Most reactions

Back