First 2 weeks with new 50D

Machupicchu

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are some of my best shots with my new Canon 50D.
Im a noob so please leave comments, i like to hear what you think.

Cookies
IMG_1236.jpg

Old Phone
IMG_1240.jpg

Dew
IMG_1315.jpg

IMG_1348.jpg

IMG_1612.jpg

Evening time
IMG_1637.jpg

Candles
IMG_1692.jpg

IMG_1782.jpg

Leaves
IMG_0223.jpg

Stretch
IMG_0239.jpg

Old Lamp
IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0334.jpg

Twigs
IMG_0458.jpg

Phaser
IMG_0622.jpg

Welcome, I to have a 50D and have enjoyed it very much.

Looks like some of these shots may have been taken with different lenses? If so, what kind of lenses do you use?

Actually its just one lens. This is my first DSLR ever and i have had it for two weeks so i havent had time to build up much of a lens collection. This is actually the lens that came bundled with my camera, it's the Canon EF 28-135 IS.

I really want to get into macro, but i don't really have an extra $600 lain around so i tried to see what i could do with this lens. It actually surprised me at how clear these came out. Im very happy with this lens, it's proven to be very versatile. Hopefully ill be able to add a few lenses soon. I really want one good macro and one good wide angle, will be checking out Canon again.

With a 50d you don't really need $600 dollars for a macro, you could easily get the Ef-S 60mm macro for less than $400, and with the conversion factor is will also double as a decent portrait lens (max aperture is 2.8, so you can blur background)

the first image is nice although not sharp enough. you can compose the main subject better after this..

the 10th photo is only ordinary shots. you can find another angle and use more of natural light

Actually its just one lens. This is my first DSLR ever and i have had it for two weeks so i havent had time to build up much of a lens collection. This is actually the lens that came bundled with my camera, it's the Canon EF 28-135 IS.

I really want to get into macro, but i don't really have an extra $600 lain around so i tried to see what i could do with this lens. It actually surprised me at how clear these came out. Im very happy with this lens, it's proven to be very versatile. Hopefully ill be able to add a few lenses soon. I really want one good macro and one good wide angle, will be checking out Canon again.

Yeah that is a good lens indeed. I have the canon 10-22mm ultra wide lens and it is fantastic.

Here is a shot I took with the wide lens
Cold War Kid by ~Knawx on deviantART

love the old abandoned house, thats a cool lens. How much is that bugger

thanks for the comments, ya i could have used a deeper dof on 1, maybe focus on the actual chocolate next time too haha. # 10 was taken outside in bright day light, not quite sure what you mean by more natural light.

This is my first HDR attempt (tree really looks like that when sun hits it, almost no saturation adjustment) this is 12 exposures.

TreeRedDone.jpg

nice shots. i really like the shot of the girl. great lighting pattern on her face

Hey i was just digging through my parents old film rebel stuff and i found a lens that fits my 50D. Posting a thread in Digital q&a

Most reactions

New Topics

Back