First Art Exhibit :D

this particular one he wanted nothing, he just wants to dress his place up ... the deal is closed, its already set up

... another cafe owner wanted 20% ... its still in negotiations of what we're gonna show there... he wants something urban, hip ... but not too urban ... so we're still considering what we will show there

the final pieces we decide on showing .. i'll post them up ... some the owner hand picked, but its kinda crazy ... how do u put a price on your photograph? ... something u just took browsing along .... u may think its ok ... but never would think anybody wants to buy it or even show it (or at least not me :p )

he really likes the "doll collection" :shock: and doxx's street stuff, amongst other things ... i got a cheesy old portrait on the page, he said, "i like the red-head photo too" .... not knowing that was me :oops: ... im thinking, "red head, what red head, oh" :eek:

im feeling quite creative these days and got a few projects brewing in my head ... i got the "subjects" ... but im looking for the perfect location ... hopfully by the end of next week

just got an idea ... he's gonna show our stuff for 10 days (maybe longer) ... if anybody wants to show their stuff in his cafe, i can send him a link ... if he thinks it would fit in his cafe ... even if u dont live in NYC .. u can postage the prints to him (at least 11x14 size prints, already framed) ... i can make sure their up and/or send them back to u once their done showing ... i'll do it free of charge :) ... all u have to do is pay for postage bothways

u can send me a private message or post it here .....

why would i do this? .. why not .. there is room for everyone... and there are some things that money cant buy ... i would love to see your artwork on someone's walls as well ... its about helping thy neighbor and supporting your fellow artist :D

kewlies, nice to know some is looking after other artists :)
good luck with the exhibitions and let us know how it progress!
cheers :)

Dew said:
how do u put a price on your photograph? ... something u just took browsing along .... u may think its ok ... but never would think anybody wants to buy it or even show it (or at least not me :p )

Well you should charge what you feel is right. :0) These prices are what another photographer online is charging. But since your in NYC and the cost of livintg there is way way more, mabye you can charge 3 or 4 times these. Maybe you should factor in your gas and camera/film expenses and go from there? Hehe. The more you get the more youll have to spend in taking more pictures, hehe.

8" X 10" = $25 US - With Matting and frame - $50 US
11"X14" = $45 US - With Matting and frame - $100 US
16"X20" = $75 US - With Matting and frame - $140 US

And he's going to show your stuff for 10 days? Doesnt seem like alot of time. :0). Then again since you have the entire cafe to yourself, thats pretty good. :0) Im not sure if Id perefer 1/3 for a month or entire for 10 days, hehe. 1/3 for a month gets ya more exposure time but you get to show more in that 10 days, hehe, unless you rotate the stuff during the month. :0). Just rambling, hehe.

our stuff is going to be rotating around the state of NYC ... i may have another exibit .... we're still in the talking phase, if this keeps up .. we're gonna have to hire an assistant :LOL:

Dew: have you checked our the little price tags on comparable walls in a comparablse setting?? If not, git on out there and sniff around. You might be pleasantly surprised. :wink:

At simple little outdoors art festivals in and around Atlanta, I am always stunned at some of the prices these photographers put on their stuff. I mean, it's nice stuff, and either just matted & bagged, or fully matted and framed...but we're still talking in the hundreds.

Seems to me it's a fine line between wanting to price your stuff high enough to get some respect...and pricing it low enough to actually MOVE the product... Either way, you guys are on a ROLL and I hope you are loving every minute!! I think it's great!! :thumbsup:

Most reactions

Back