First Attempt at birds

WolfSpring

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are two shots I got at Myrtle beach over the weekend. I took over 1000 shots between the beach, mini golfing with the kids and the Ripleys Aquarium. Not quite sure the best way to crop birds, or if any PP would help, any advice is greatly appreciated.

1. This was just a bird coming in for a landing
1798428902_1097a49dc9_b.jpg

2. These two, along with about four others, were fighting and making so much noise over a fish.
1798431732_f92b27bfb6_b.jpg

yeah I know the hotel in number 2 is distracting, but it was the only angle I was at.

The bird aspect of the capture is great, nice and sharp. Maybe getting a sky behind them or backgrounds that would be less distracting. Great first attempt.

The first has a bit of a snapshot aspect on it, what with the runner severely competing with the gull ... but a close crop could remedy that! The gull is nicely sharp!

The second is nice, but maybe a slower shutter and more of a panning aspect on the building behind would have helped. It is not quite as in focus as the gulls are, but still quite detailed, so balcony railings and furniture and all are competing with the gulls. Maybe also here a closer crop could help and more focus (also compositionwise) on the gulls? Shall I try and show you?

Well, I tried ... but cropping close shows they are not THAT tack-sharp as they might seem...

WolfSpring_1798428902_1097a49dc9_b_.jpg

WolfSpring_1798431732_f92b27bfb6_b_.jpg

But such were my cropping ideas.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back