Thanks guys! Very helpful.
For a response:
1. This one was not staged. Our neighbor had a few buddies over for a cookout and I took it as is. I don't think its unlevel. The terrain was tilted all sorts of ways. I felt a bit like a camera nerd walking around with all the "car guys", so I didn't have the nerve to get at ground level, but wanted to. Cropping, I figured that the amount of trees at the top was minimal already. Any less and I would have had to crop all the way down to eliminate them. I agree, could have cropped more off the left.
2. I thought I was focusing on the center, but...
3. Properties in windows tells me Fstop of 4.5 at 100mm. It's so tough when kids are running around. I wanted them both in focus, but this is what I got. In some ways it gives some interest to the composition. But still.
4. He's our resident watch chicken, so I'll have other opportunities with him. It was direct sunlight. The negative space on the right was a happy accident, but I agree. I'll have to catch him again in early morning light.
5. I didn't like this one so much until you guys did! Now I do. This was actually taken with our P&S, I forgot that. Goes to show, that the favorite of the series was done with a cheapo. He's holding a rock. Every rock is an indian artifact to him.

I could see a square crop as well.
6. Again, done with the P&S. I had no control over the Fstop, but agree with you guys.
7. This was at a neighbors, and the car was up on an overhead rack. I asked if I could shoot some shots and he said, "sure, but there ain't much of a shot in there". Well the ground level perspective was a natural since it was up on the rack. He had a bunch of junk on shelves on the wall in the background that I PS'd out of it. What is Bokeh?
Thanks again for the C&C. I feel I'm improving already!