my first photoshoot (girlfriend as a model)

sunlou

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hello Photo friends,

Here is a quick take on my very firts photoshoot for fun in the bedroom.

Please tell me what you think of composition, lighting and post process.

I just received my Rebel XS but this was all shot with a powershot sx10 point and shoot. I have no additional gear (flashes strobes or reflectors nor diffusers (wich i really need I Know)

All good critisism on the model will be transfered and all comments on my skills will be taken into account for the futur.

THanks guys I know you'll be of very valuable help!!!

200923.jpg

200926.jpg

200929.jpg

200915.jpg

First off, You are a very lucky man. The model is gorgeous.

I love all of them but #4 is by far my favorite. I just love her expression in the shot.

The first looks best in my opinion. The lighting is very soft and nice on her skin, the composition is good. The only things I would complain about are the side of her face blending in a bit much with her neck and the placement of the hair going up her chest looks odd. The others have some major artifacting going on in your black transitional areas which looks like bad post processing. Nice work though for your first photoshoot. Did you just use regular house lighting for this since you don't have flashes?

A lucky man indeed you are sir!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow, I love all of them, really, I do. As I've said so many times before, this is my most beloved, favorite type of photography, and you nailed it. I've got an XSI with kit lense, and have yet to achieve what you did here, with a damn P & S!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bravo my friend...... bravo.... just listen to the claps going on, aren't they loud enough for you to hear? :) They should be if not.

You nailed it though man, in my opinion, just absolutly nailed it. Good work indeed, and look forward to seeing more, especially if they resembly #4 :)

Thanks for comments.

Guys don't worry I know how lucky I am and I take real good care of my model....

Sherman, It was one lightbulb on the cealing and a cheap 100$ flash that I used with my point and shoot. I can't wait to do the same kind of photo with my rebel.

I agree for the hair placement .. we noticed it afterwards... and as for post process I really lack experience. I just play around with Lightroom trying to get my photos to look ok but I would definetly like to get more formal '' training'' on PS...

Keep th comments coming

Most reactions

Back