First attempt at glamour

Tantallonrox

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Trying Glamour type photos. This is one I shot the other night. I'm looking for C & C on the PP. I have also posted the original to make it easier to compare. Thanks for looking.

The original
IMG_0265copy1.jpg

The PP
IMG_0265copy.jpg

Yikes is right!!

I think you need to think more in terms of reshooting than salvaging something like this. There might be alot of post production used in modern fashion/glamor, but you still need everything perfect for it to work right.

Try having her stand, make her back straight, make her twist her body a wee bit to make her body into an S-shape and have her tilt her head back a little bit to accentuate her neck.

Use more lights, and reduce the background to something less complicated as to not distract from the subject. Something middle gray with a gradient feathered onto it, think white seamless with a background light, hair light, key light, and fill light (minimum). You can have the hair light be the background light and hair light if you feather it off right.

Have her wear something high-end with a ridiculous amount of exotic looking makeup on and hair that's has had 3 hours spent on it. She needs to look technically flawless. Diffused light sources make this much easier, specular light sources bring out texture and specularity in subjects.

Ditch the mens dress shirt, undone tie, plaid skirt, and stockings combination. It looks trashy, and I doubt that's what you were trying to go for.

Try this and I guarantee your images will look 100x more like fashion/glamor work.

Thanks for the comments. I will deffinately try a reshoot using your suggestions. Lighting I am limited on. I have 3 work type lights and that is it, but I will attempt to use them all. Thanks again.

Thanks for the comments. I will deffinately try a reshoot using your suggestions. Lighting I am limited on. I have 3 work type lights and that is it, but I will attempt to use them all. Thanks again.
Fill cards and reflectors can give the illusion of multiple lights.

Most reactions

Back