First Attempt At Macro

Bombers

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a few shots of me trying macro for the first time. They are all PP.
WhiteFlowerWB.jpg

WhiteFlower.jpg

OrangeFlower.jpg

Hose.jpg

Last edited:
#1 Not much definition

#2 Blown out

#3 again, not much for definition in the petals...too centered...

#4 Cool shot...like this one a lot...would make a great album cover for a band...

Don't forget to number photos when posting multiples for people to look through...makes it a little easier to reference comments and criticisms...

Thanks and I have numbered them.

#2 really nice b&w flower however it is washout, you can fix that with shadow/highlights or levels.
#4 i like how the water created bokeh at the back, that's it. not feeling the hose.

You need to re-evaluate your settings a bit. Let's take shot #3 for instance. ISO 1600, f/5, 1/1250s. This is ludicrous really, you should be using ISO 100 (or 200 may be the lowest with your nikon) in which case you would still be shooting at a perfectly acceptable 1/150s and have a lot less noise and a cleaner photo. But what you really need to consider is using a narrower aperture (higher f/ number) since virtually none of the flower is in sharp focus. At macro distances depth of field gets very small and you will find yourself needing to use f/11 and upwards to get a whole flower in focus.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back