What's new

First attempt at "speed photography"

TimVader

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 2, 2014
Messages
100
Reaction score
10
Location
Slidell, LA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Took about 200 shots today, all the others were really bad. These were done with no flash. I need a smaller tank to try again was using an old 90 gallon. I plan on doing more tomorrow, but these were fun.


DSC_2518.jpg
DSC_2544.jpg
 
Looks like fun, light will help with the contrast/accents/highlights
 
Definitely. I have my 3 speed lights, but they were SOO bright. I need to get some fresher fruit for tomorrow also, haha
 
I had wanted to try this kind of photography last week and went shopping (general) and guess what I forgot? -- my tank! I want a tall transparent vase and I thought I will be able to find a cheap one at Walmart but I can't find one where I was looking for and found someone at the store to ask. He's got the title "Assistant General Manager" on his lapel so I thought he will know best. Wrong. He was a product of the Peter syndrome.

I'll go to Bed and Bath tomorrow or Friday...hopefully I can do it this weekend.

Did you do this at night or just a black background? What sort of light did you use?
 
I did these at night with a black backdrop in my garage. I used my crappy "studio" lights I bought off ebay. I want to add more light, then try doing the same shots using only my speedlights.
 
I will be scouring the kitchen tonight for champagne glasses, strawberries, food coloring, and anything else that might make a good shot, lol
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom