FIRST attempt at water drop photography.

second one I like. Ill copy your set up once I get a tripod and a remote. Im slowly learning the ropes :)

Not too bad, but a little bit OOF. What were your settings? Looks like maybe you just missed focus, or else you need to use a higher F # to get more depth of field.
Maybe try from a little lower angle?

Not bad, but as willis said you missed the focus. What I like to do is put a pen in the center of the cup, focus on the pen shut off auto focus. That seems to help. I've only attempted water dropping twice and the second time I did this.

WaterDrop by The Photo Major, on Flickr

Once you get it down, play with the angles and backgrounds. You are off to a good start.

Focus is on point, now that you have that squared away you can work on exposure, angle and background.

These attempts are much better.

Thank you! I definitely adjusted the angle also; I tried to bring it as level as I could. What should I put the aperture at?

This was my first try. I use ISO 100 f/10 and 1/200. A smaller aperture will give you a larger depth of field.

I also focused with my finger like you did.

This was my first try. I use ISO 100 f/10 and 1/200. A smaller aperture will give you a larger depth of field. I also focused with my finger like you did.
I really like this one.. I'll definitely change my aperture and try again when I get home. Maybe a different color too:)

Good deal.. I see you did it! Looks like you are getting the hang of it! :)

reissigree said:
What kind of setup do you have, Megan?

A stupid one! ;)

I set up 2 big Tupperware containers (big tall ones) and then put a board on top of that. I put a bowl filled with water under it. Took a bottle of water and poked a hole in the bottom and place it on the board. Then I put he camera on a tripod with a flash pointing at the background and shot away. I should've done a lower angle but it came out alright. I also used a shutter release cable.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back