First attempt at water drops..

ottor

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First attempt at water drops - first couple were plain, but then I took some small plastic animals that had color, and dropped them in the bowl of water.... big difference..

What do you think?

3346710934_469bb00f63_b.jpg

3345884745_c945a7c113_b.jpg

3346714206_61ff2b83e5_b.jpg

I'd say #3 is caught at exactly the right moment. It looks literally "out of this world" -- something we don't see here on earth!

I like the colors showing up in the water, but overall I feel that you could have used brighter lighting -- to lighten up everything, and also to enhance the colors. But, working with what you did, great job!

I'm no professional, But I do enjoy the first and third shot the most. Gives me something to try now, lol

Hi ,

May i ask what kind of camera you have? I love the pictures, very eye catching!

Thanks
Beth

I feel all mean commenting on the noise after everyone said how great and colourfull they are...

I like #1 and 3 the best, Number 2 needs somethinge more.
Very nice job, I was dooing some water drops last night.

If you change the depth of the water (like put some drop on a upside down dish of some sort) it really changes the way the water drop forms.

While I like them, I did basically the same thing a few months ago with what I would say are somewhat better results, and got almost no response. I guess its all timing on here. I will say that I took about 3000 shots to get the results I got.

I feel all mean commenting on the noise after everyone said how great and colourfull they are...

I like #1 and 3 the best, Number 2 needs somethinge more.
Very nice job, I was dooing some water drops last night.

If you change the depth of the water (like put some drop on a upside down dish of some sort) it really changes the way the water drop forms.

Canon XSi 450D
1/250
ISO 400

Your'e right about the noise... At first I thought it was some sloppy PP, but looked at some that I havent' touched, and they have some noise also.. 400 ISO would't do that much, would it?

Anyway - I'll try not only different depths, but different liquids also.. I'll try something a little thicker also.. It was a farily dark room with only the flash... I'll also put up some Halogen lighting to see the difference.. It's fun to experiement..

Any suggestions on why so noisy?

thanks,

The noise is from high ISO, but I wouldnt say 400 is to much. Try 200, and use some more lighting. Lowering Shutter speed wont work to well shooting water drops....not fun at all.

Milk and Coffee drops (or milk going into coffee) is fun. The milk moves a lot slower and is easier to capture.

sanlotsaints's deviantART gallery There is quite a few pictures of water drops that might give you some inspiration. I think somewhere in his gallery he has an instuctional on how to photograph water drops.

i loved them all but if you changed the drop place it will five you new water forms

Most reactions

Back