First Attempt, C&C Please.

They're not bad at all. You may find that you can improve the "quality" of the light by diffusing it slightly and reducing the harsh shadows, especially seen in #1. Try something like a piece of translucent plastic (Tupperware) over the flash head. Even something as simple as a piece of white tissue or nylon can produce a neat effect, and of course you can always tilt/angle the head to bounce the light off of the ceiling and/or walls.

Yes I know, the light is very sharp and I am not a fan of the shadows I get, I had other images which were I liked but the harsh shadows ruined them... MReid I would love to try a light from above but I do not have any way to get it from above that well... :D

Stand on your hands and flip the shot vertically....kidding of course.
As suggested...try bouncing if off the ceiling.

Harsh shadows aren't the end of the world if you get them going in the right direction...lots of people do really nice work with hard light.

I would recommend putting aside the lighting and technical knowhow. Put aside all concern except this: what is the story you are trying to tell with the picture? What are you trying to portray?
A slightly blurry, not perfectly lit image that tells a great story is worth a hundred perfectly executed pictures that say nothing.

Most reactions

Back