What's new

First attempts with SLR

dklod

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 24, 2007
Messages
344
Reaction score
0
Location
In a tent outside the gates of hell
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I started a thread in another section of the forum but instead of posting the pics there, made more sense to put them here. Ive borrowed a Samsung GX-20 and no less than 12 lenses ranging from fixed wides to 500mm tele. Today was totally a day spent learning the camera. I manual focused most of the time with all the exposure settings also on manual so I could fully understand how my changes effected each shot. These are just a few. I know some comps arent that eye catching but I was more concerned about getting the exposures and focus correct.

SG203925.jpg


SG203923.jpg

Taken with the macro


SG203945.jpg


SG203948.jpg

Used the 12-24 here. Shame about the fence.

SG204023.jpg

Fixed 14mm here

SG204037.jpg

Used the 10-17mm fishy here.

Hitting the city tomorrow.
 
Last edited:
I love the last fisheye shot!!!
 
Is that a white flower? If so, your white balance is off, it looks blue.

The last one is definitely the best, very nice.
 
The last one is brilliant! good work.. the rest aren't so bad either. Might just be a slight blue colour cast on the flower shots.
 
Thanks guys. That last fisheye, the colours are not right. The golds are all blown out and I just noticed. It looks nothing like that on my computer. I guess photobucket has altered the colours. Trying to fix now.

Image looks just about right on photobucket now, but not much difference here. Any thoughts?? The sunset is much more striking than it looks.
 
Last edited:
Is that a white flower? If so, your white balance is off, it looks blue.

The last one is definitely the best, very nice.

Yeah, 100% correct there, had it set to sunny and I was in the shade. Camera has a shade white balance setting too I just noticed.
 
SG204037.jpg

Used the 10-17mm fishy here.

Hitting the city tomorrow.

Love that one, fantastic intense colours. The flower ones look underexposed.
 
Love that one, fantastic intense colours. The flower ones look underexposed.

Cheers PM. I cant get the colors right though. The originals of that stadium are not like they appear on here. I tried to fix in photobucket but now they are over saturated.

EDIT: Actually, colors are pretty close. My CRT monitor was out. Looks fine on my laptop.
 
Last edited:
dklod-Your night shots are AMAZING:hail::D:thumbup:! THis is your first time with an SLR? Where were they shot from?
 
Thanks Phil. I love my night photography. Most places are far more beautiful at night than during the day. This is the Olympic Staduim where the 2000 Sydney Olympics where held. Just a stone throw away is a 20 story hotel and I managed to get soul access to the 17th floor observation deck.
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom