First attempts with SLR

dklod

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I started a thread in another section of the forum but instead of posting the pics there, made more sense to put them here. Ive borrowed a Samsung GX-20 and no less than 12 lenses ranging from fixed wides to 500mm tele. Today was totally a day spent learning the camera. I manual focused most of the time with all the exposure settings also on manual so I could fully understand how my changes effected each shot. These are just a few. I know some comps arent that eye catching but I was more concerned about getting the exposures and focus correct.

SG203925.jpg

SG203923.jpg

Taken with the macro

SG203945.jpg

SG203948.jpg

Used the 12-24 here. Shame about the fence.

SG204023.jpg

Fixed 14mm here

SG204037.jpg

Used the 10-17mm fishy here.

Hitting the city tomorrow.

Last edited:
I love the last fisheye shot!!!

The last one is brilliant! good work.. the rest aren't so bad either. Might just be a slight blue colour cast on the flower shots.

Thanks guys. That last fisheye, the colours are not right. The golds are all blown out and I just noticed. It looks nothing like that on my computer. I guess photobucket has altered the colours. Trying to fix now.

Image looks just about right on photobucket now, but not much difference here. Any thoughts?? The sunset is much more striking than it looks.

Last edited:
Is that a white flower? If so, your white balance is off, it looks blue.

The last one is definitely the best, very nice.

Yeah, 100% correct there, had it set to sunny and I was in the shade. Camera has a shade white balance setting too I just noticed.

Love that one, fantastic intense colours. The flower ones look underexposed.

Cheers PM. I cant get the colors right though. The originals of that stadium are not like they appear on here. I tried to fix in photobucket but now they are over saturated.

EDIT: Actually, colors are pretty close. My CRT monitor was out. Looks fine on my laptop.

Last edited:
Thanks Phil. I love my night photography. Most places are far more beautiful at night than during the day. This is the Olympic Staduim where the 2000 Sydney Olympics where held. Just a stone throw away is a 20 story hotel and I managed to get soul access to the 17th floor observation deck.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back