First Bird-Flowers-Wife and Grand C&C Please

Is this the new '600? Colours seem a little muted to me; any chance the in-camera saturation is dialled way down?

Is this the new '600? Colours seem a little muted to me; any chance the in-camera saturation is dialled way down?
Use a CPL filter and an ND Clear stacked, because of bright sunlight. would that have given these results.

It may have contributed to them, hard to say, 'though a CPOL should enhance the colours especially in the robin and the flower; are they good-quality filters?

It may have contributed to them, hard to say, 'though a CPOL should enhance the colours especially in the robin and the flower; are they good-quality filters?
Both Hoya Mid price range 100.00 list

That shouldn't be the problem then. Maybe someone else will weigh in. This monitor's out of calibration, but it should be fairly close (I thought).

I will have to find out what level the color saturation is set. Hope the manual will show me the way.
And thanks for the advice.
Try to be sure this camera is working well, It's a refurbished D600. With 8000 clicks

Yes, the contrast seems low, and the colors are somewhat muted. I think these could easily be "goosed" a little bit in post-proicessing to elevate the saturation level and overall degree of contrast. The robin photo's background has some odd effects, almost as if it was shot through a window with a screen on it.

Actually, come to think of it, both the flower and the robin have the same effect; you weren't shooting through window-screen or anything like that were you?

Yes, the contrast seems low, and the colors are somewhat muted. I think these could easily be "goosed" a little bit in post-proicessing to elevate the saturation level and overall degree of contrast. The robin photo's background has some odd effects, almost as if it was shot through a window with a screen on it.
Posting a few more, please evaluate. And thanks for you input. BTW Robin shot with 70-300vr2 at 300mm and cropped real close

A reluctant neighbor

neighbors house

Actually, come to think of it, both the flower and the robin have the same effect; you weren't shooting through window-screen or anything like that were you?
Had the CPL turned all the way up. would that cause that effect.

Those two (esp. the neighbour shot) show a much more normal contrast & saturation level on my monitor. Was the flower shot cropped in close as well, or just the robin?

Those two (esp. the neighbour shot) show a much more normal contrast & saturation level on my monitor. Was the flower shot cropped in close as well, or just the robin?
both cropped close.

Took the filters off is this any better.

Most reactions

Back