first camera , help!

thanks for all the useful advices, how about a Fujifilm XE1?

i like the versatility in the LX100 .. i'm just worried about the IQ . For now, being a beginner, i probably won't notice the gap between the LX100 and the Fuji.. but in the future? As i said, i want this camera to last some time and i want it to satisfy me also when i will make the transition from newbie to amateur, when i will learn post-processing and so on..
While the LX100 produces great images, you will, even right now, notice the difference in image quality. You can tell the difference in how pictures from an APS-C and a small sensor look, they just have an entirely different feel to them, even if you aren't that experienced with photography.

i like the versatility in the LX100 .. i'm just worried about the IQ . For now, being a beginner, i probably won't notice the gap between the LX100 and the Fuji.. but in the future? As i said, i want this camera to last some time and i want it to satisfy me also when i will make the transition from newbie to amateur, when i will learn post-processing and so on..
While the LX100 produces great images, you will, even right now, notice the difference in image quality. You can tell the difference in how pictures from an APS-C and a small sensor look, they just have an entirely different feel to them, even if you aren't that experienced with photography.

What about the Fuji XE1 Kit Lens? is it good?

Hi everyone ,
I have never had a camera before ( only smartphones ) and now I'm going to make the "jump" .
I've chosen a compact over a DSRL for the weight and because I don't want to buy other stuff in the future.
Honestly I don't know nothing about photography but I really want to learn , I think a compact will be a good start.
I need a camera that is fairly good at everything ( from travels to portraits ) and I need AWESOME IQ because I want this camera to last 5 years at least.
Choices are:

Ricoh GR : price , the possibility to take "Daido Moriyama style" photos , size etc

Panasonic LX100 : overall it seems like a good camera but does it takes better photos than the GR?? I'm fascinated by the Leica lens and the Zoom

Fuji X100S : it's the most expensive between the three but it seems the most "solid" .. Like ..I don't know how to explain .. The most "serious camera" and most versatile .

What is the best camera for my needs and to learn the basics of photography ?

Help me to choose because I feel a little lost

Sorry for my English, I'm from Italy.

Out of the many lists I would like to pick the Panasonic. The other two may have restrictive, both have fixed focal length.

What about the Fuji XE1 Kit Lens? is it good?
Yes

Most reactions

Back