First Camera

AeroPhotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello, Im new to the forum and I was just wondering if I could get some feed back on what a good beginner's photography camera would be best for me...my price range was between 500 - 650 US$. Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

I would still consider myself a noob. I had a D80 and it was a blast. Now I got the D5000 and really like it. In Canada with one kit lens of 18-55mm Nikkor AF-S lens, you'll be looking at $750. I really like my Nikon. Easy to use.

not exactly sure how much the D90 is but it's definitely under $1000 and it's much better than the D3000 and D5000, you can go check it out. D3000 was my first camera but i wish that I got a slightly higher model (like D90) instead. also check out the range of lenses that the camera can be compatible with.

The D90 with the 18-105 lens is about $1100. There is a little difference in the D5000 to the D90 but the D5000 shares a lot of the same features as the D90. I would go to a store and look at them both to see if the difference matters to you.

Pentax puts out the K-x with a 18-55 lens for $499. I'm sure Canon has something in that price range as well. Again I would suggest you actually play around with the camera to see if you like it.

Tha latest, cheapest Canon or Nikon DSLR current on the market.

Like Dallmeyer said, the lowest model dSLR with a crappy(er) wide lens, or you can get a high end bridge camera that will give you very decent image quality and most likely an excellent zoom range. I'd go for the top model bridge camera if you're just getting into photography.

a nikon d200! I got my used one with an 18-135mm lens for 600 even, and i love it!

Nikon D200 with 18-200mm Nikkor VR Lens Free Shipping! - eBay (item 140405604850 end time May-09-10 13:11:21 PDT)

The lens alone cost 700. Haha
Check back on that auction in 18 hours and see what the final price winds up being.

Sounds like you got a smoking good deal but, you don't mention the condition, shutter count, or specific lens info. Did you also get the original box, all the cables, software, LCD cover, hot shoe cover, DK-5, manual, charger, fresh battery, etc?

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back