First Car Shoot.... It's BAD! but at least there is a Porsche

Vicelord John

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
PLEASE give me any feedback you have. I want to improve so bad :(

My 23 year old buddy has this car as his secondary vehicle. He actually paid cash for it because his 2008 Range Rover Sport is too unreliable. The kid works hard for his money, but I still think it is crazy and atrocious.

DSC_1049.jpg

DSC_1047.jpg

DSC_1046.jpg

DSC_1036.jpg

DSC_1032.jpg

DSC_1028.jpg

DSC_1023.jpg

DSC_1019.jpg

DSC_1018.jpg

DSC_1012.jpg

DSC_1011.jpg

The 4th one and the last one are my favorite but try to number them next time yea? I had to count the pics and that was not cool.

Nice photos though, really neat composition

Overall, the set is decent. Some are essentially the same image though, like #2 and #3, and #10 and #11.

#1 I would get rid of the white paper or whatever it is in the top of the photo. Also, I would try cutting some of the top off to emphasize the horizontal composition you seem to be going for.

#2/3 I like #2 better, although you could clip a little off the left of the photo to give the car "somewhere to go" in the frame. And that lamp post in the front of the car is distracting. I like 2 better because the car is a little richer in tone (on my monitor), and the angle is a little less extreme, making the car look less stretched.

#4 I like this one compositionally. Everything points to the car, with one exception: the blue box with the "2" in it. I feel it steals the limelight a little.

#5 Ditch the yellow thing on the left. Other than that, this images feels strong to me. It gives the car movement while it stands still. Only thing that bothers me a little is the uneven surface you shot it on leans it toward the camera. Looking at the pillar in the background I can see the shot is pretty straight. The angle the floor gives the car isn't extreme enough to look like it was on purpose, but isn't subtle enough to be overlooked.

#7 is a little more abstract than the others, and I personally enjoy that. To me it seems slightly on the underexposed side though. Only a little, but enough to leave me wanting just a little bit more punch.

#8 and #9 are very similar as well. I prefer #9 slightly over 8 because it compliments the lines of the vehicle a little better and it offers a little prominence to the raised headlights, a defining characteristic of Porsches.

#10/#11 10 works a little better, but the car is just enough off-kilter to take away from the photograph. The car points slightly down where my eye just wants the bottom to be parallel with the bottom edge of the photo.

I would say that for a first shoot, you did well. There are untold numbers of images of people's cars online, and I find that strong car photos are notoriously difficult to find and pull off. To me, I think you gave the vehicle just enough tone and definition and managed to highlight its glossy finish without picking up too many ambient lights/reflections and without blowing out or underexposing the rest of your image.

Keep shooting, as always.

I wouldn't call them BAD at all.

#1 too much junk is taking my eyes off the car. Way too much empty space.

#2 I actually don't have anything bad to say about, cept maybe that light pole.

#3 don't like the composition, mainly the crop.

Some of these it looks like you are using a very wide lens? The car looks very distorted and cartoonish in some of them.

Also the second to last photo I like. The very last one, while it appears to be the same composition, has too much space above and the light on the ceiling is distracting. I prefer the one which you've cropped off some of the top.

Didnt like the yellow things in the pictures....like #5 the car could have been centered better with the yellow thing out of the frame. #3 the car could have been centered. 9 is my favorite. I hear you about the guy...first forum I ever joined was a local car group...and I knew people who cars was all that mattered...a lot of us have grown out of it but I still know a guy who pretends to be a baller yet still lives with his mom and even refused to move out of her house when he got his girlfriend pregnant. But he has a really nice SUV now and a BMW. Prioities!! lol.

@jensgt

I went through my car phase too, but I had to learn the hard way how to not spend money on cars. I've had an audi TT, Honda S2000, Mini Cooper S, and some other stuff that was just way too expensive. I now drive a 1999 Buick Regal yay!

Yep...I have had 3 Mustangs...the second one was awesome but I had to get rid of it so I could move out of my parents house...did that...bought a house...got the one I have now. Now I lost my job and due to the crappy job situation after searching for a year for a job like I used to have...I decided screw it and to go to school to get a degree...so I am selling yet another Mustang. Not enough $ for a toy. When I graduate and get a job I will probably buy a Corvette and be done with it...lol...sick of having a car I feel like I have to mod all the time...be nice to have something perfect right off the bat.

Most reactions

Back