First chance for bridal portraits (outdoors)

AbelR74

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was a chance to take pictures of my daughters friend getting married. I mainly did it for a chance to learn on the spot about lighting with minimal flash, i.e. one flash. They are going to be rough, but I think I was fortunate on some photos. Feel free to CC and would like some pointers if possible.

DSC_5927 by Photoflickrer, on Flickr

DSC_5926 by Photoflickrer, on Flickr

DSC_5910 by Photoflickrer, on Flickr

DSC_5896 by Photoflickrer, on Flickr

DSC_5878 by Photoflickrer, on Flickr

DSC_5873 by Photoflickrer, on Flickr

DSC_5862 by Photoflickrer, on Flickr

Number one is definately the strongest. Great colors, great composition, nice lighting, and just a solid shot. The rest have, most significantly, lighting issues. Practice practice practice.

Regards,
Jake

Well I think you got close in a couple but I'm no expert. Here are my amateurish thoughts:
1,& 2 The tree coming out of her head kills it for me.

3,5,6,7 are all underexposed on her.

And 4 is close but I think the flash power was too high. Couple of pretty noticeable hot spots. On the other hand great first attempt and what a gorgeous setting to take bridal pics. Keep on shooting.

Checked out the set on flickr also and I really liked 592 much more over ALL of these as well as the light on 5898 was nice to me.

Third and last would have been the best if they were properly illumined; others are good too; the first two appears a bit cut and paste to me( don't shoot me down for that comment ;) )

regards :D

Its a splendid photography of a charming and a perfect bride anyone can imagine.
Significant part that fascinates me is pleasent background selection that certainly makes this beautiful lady look awesome.

stronger lighting on the last 3, but the others look good.
3rd one needs some more exposure.

Next time, try different angles, different poses, maybe use the building as an item.

When you say one flash does that mean that is was on the camera for all these shots? On the last 3 it was hard to tell that flash was used to me. I think you could have used a little more light on her to make her pop in the last 3. The others had stronger lighting and she pops better. Overall it looks like a great start.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back