First couple of days with my new Camera

deudeu

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,
I have been interested in photography for a while, trying to do the best i could with my compact digital. A while ago i decided that it was time to switch to a DSLR and started searching for something that fit my needs. So a couple of days ago i received my new samsung GX-10 18-55 kit.
Here are a few pictures of my first days out taking pictures.

1:
SG100321.jpg

IMG%5D

2:
IMG%5D
SG100253.jpg

3:
IMG%5D
SG100458.jpg

4:
IMG%5D
SG100439.jpg

5:
IMG%5D
SG100393.jpg

6:
IMG%5D
SG100385.jpg

7:
IMG%5D
SG100207.jpg

8:
IMG%5D
SG100205.jpg

9:
IMG%5D
SG100197.jpg

So, so far it has been a blast and i guess this is the most important thing. I have had a little problem adjusting to the format. I have been shoting in 4:3 for a while now and I find this format a little hard to compose with. I guess i will get used to it. Or i will crop which will also help with the vigneting i have been noticing.
Other than that the bigest problem I have had so far is with white balance. For some reason a lot of the pictures are turning redish.
Would any of you know how to work on that? Will carying a white card with me at all time be enough?
I guess you should know that i am only working with iphoto at the moment. Hopefully i will be able to get photoshop soon and start shooting in raw. That would solve all of my problems, but for now it is not possible.

I am looking forward to your comments and advices,
thank you!

Thanks sideburns. I am new to this forum stuff, i just figured it out.

Hiya deudeu, welcome to ThePHotoForum.
I moved your post to the General Gallery. The Beginners' Place, where it came from, is more of a Q&A-forum, and the galleries are ... well ... galleries. For showing one's photos. Whether those of long-standing members or those of beginners, see? ;)

I personally quite much like your Photo 6 here. Nice light, simple composition, and a feeling of desolation and solitude. Maybe it even is a bit too colourful for those impressions...

Most reactions

Back