First day of preschool

ORourkeK

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Today was my son's first day of preschool. He was still excited at this point. When we got to the school and started meeting the kids he tried hiding in his winter jacket, like a turtle in its shell. Luckily, all of the kids were nice and couldn't wait to introduce themselves. Anxiously waiting for 3 o'clock to hear how the day went.

Keegan by KC ORourke, on Flickr

My daughter is going to cry when her little boy goes to school. She already talks about wanting to keep him little ( he isn't 2 yet ). Nice memory you have there.

My wife almost lost it when he was walking into the school. Luckily we still have one more at home to keep her company. I have a feeling baby fever will start again soon.

Handsome son and congrats on his first day. They will pose for you until about high-school and then you will have to chase them out to their car to get a photo. ;)

He already HATES getting his picture taken. He kept putting his hands all the way in his sleeves so I finally told him to put them behind him. He also loves looking at everything but the camera. My little one is the complete opposite. As soon as the camera comes out, he is in my face until I take his picture.

He already HATES getting his picture taken. He kept putting his hands all the way in his sleeves so I finally told him to put them behind him. He also loves looking at everything but the camera. My little one is the complete opposite. As soon as the camera comes out, he is in my face until I take his picture.

To get my grand daughters to cooperate I have them take a few photos or setup a shot of their toys. The little 2 yo likes to push the shutter release cable.

Cute shot! The lighting is nice and it's a great capture. I feel like it's a tad under exposed and would look nice with the exposure increased some, and the skin is a bit purple on my calibrated display so I think you could also increase the color temperature some as well.

Boy does he ever remind me of the What Me Worry carachter.

To get my grand daughters to cooperate I have them take a few photos or setup a shot of their toys. The little 2 yo likes to push the shutter release cable.

We usually do jumps like this, or some sort of motions to try and get their minds off of the fact that a picture is being taken. It only works sometimes.

Keegan 2 by KC ORourke, on Flickr

Cute shot! The lighting is nice and it's a great capture. I feel like it's a tad under exposed and would look nice with the exposure increased some, and the skin is a bit purple on my calibrated display so I think you could also increase the color temperature some as well.

As always, thank you for your advice. I have a hard time with exposure. I fight between it being underexposed, and naturally dark. I also missed focus somehow. Or the focus point is really soft, which, with my settings, I am not sure how. Admittedly, this was my first time out with the D850, so I have a lot more to set up and learn with it.

EDIT: It was extremely foggy out this morning. Not sure if that messed with the focus.

Keegan by KC ORourke, on Flickr

Most reactions

New Topics

Back