First day out with my first dslr

AnthonyB

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ive done a bit of photography before but this is the first dslr ive had, its the evolt 410 for anyone who was wondering, all shots are with the 14-42mm, i also have the 40-150 bit i like the wide angle shots , theres a few issues i was wondering how i would solve on specific pics

i took these from out summer home and the roof of my office lol, overall i was pretty pleased with the camera and how they turned out, but il be picking up a macro lens VERY soon

PA070346.jpg

2( i was having trouble getting the field to brighten up while not having the sky wash out if that makes sense lol )
PA080370.jpg

3( same issue as number 2 )
PA090449.jpg

PA110502.jpg

PA110532.jpg

PA110537.jpg

7 ( basically the same problem i was having with 2/3 juse reverse lol)
PA110569.jpg

8 (it was hard to make the crab the exact focal point from a low angle, any tips ?)
PA110573.jpg

9 (not great colour i just liked the picture )
PA110585.jpg

Last edited:
Number 4 is great. Love how blue the sky is!

Do some searching on composition. Nice first try but try to pay attention to clutter in backgrounds( power lines etc), cutting off subjects at that frame edge and tilting horizon lines.

Also, I think the last one had the most potential if composed a little more so the house is at an intersecting third line and better color/exposure.

thanks guys, the skylines here are never straight lol, its a pretty hilly place
thats what im having trouble with is getting the proper exposure, i can never seem to keep the clouds and the blue sky nice and crisp without losing detail on the ground, im obvousily an amateur i don't know the correct terms lol

Look up "bracketing" and HDR. The scene has too wide of a range for a single exposure. You can also use neutral density filters to lower the sky brightness to better balance with the grounds exposure.

love 5 and 6 and the last one :)

Most reactions

Back