First DSLR D90?

I've done some research and came to the conclusion that a Nikon D90 would be fit for me. This will be my first camera, and I'm not exactly sure what I want to shoot with it. I know this may be a turn off to some. I just want a good camera that I can use for most occasions and soon find what I really want to shoot.

So, I can buy the "Nikon D90 12.3MP Digital SLR Camera with 18-105mm VR Lens Kit" from Futureshop for $1389 (CDN). My brother works there and can get a mad discount.

Does any one have any advice on this? I don't really have a budget, but don't want to spend too much since it's my first DSLR.

If you've got the cash, the D90 is the high-ISO low-noise leader in the field.

Be forewarned that it will likely have a steep learning curve for a newbie. (Obviously, you can get help here.)

Great camera and will provide great results.
Be forewarned that it will likely have a steep learning curve for a newbie. (Obviously, you can get help here.)
yes/no -> if you're shooting in any of the "green" modes then its same as any other camera. Assuming that you are buying an SLR b/c you want to learn how to use it RIGHT (P, S/A and finally M modes) it does require a bit time (very little) but will pay of in the long run.
Get it and ENJOY IT!!!

Last edited:
Nice. Well yeah, I'm down for some learning. And this forum seems like a great place to learn from.

Btw, how is the lens?

I don't have that lens and I've never looked into it. Can't help you there except to say that the VR is a good feature. Be forewarned that VR helps with camera shake but it does absolutely nothing with subject movement. When I first bought my 18-200VR, to took practice some shots of my grand-daughter. The nearby table was crystal clear but she was blurred! (In truth, I should have known better.)

That lens is great, I bought that exact kit when I got my D90 - you'll be very pleased.

Get it!

1. Have fun.
2. Learn.
3. Repeat.

I started with a D90 as well! it is a great camera and you will LOVE IT! ADVICE: get the body only, and get a lens on the side, the lens that comes with the camera is ok, but for a little more you can get a far better quality lens!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back