First DSLR

saeen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, I am looking to buy my first DSLR & here are the options:

Canon 550D 18-55 - US$ 720 (I saw alot of comments that is a better camcorder, not that good at photos!)

Canon 600D 18-55 - US$ 813

Nikon D3200 Kit 18-55 - US$ 760

Nikon D3100 Kit 18-55 - US$ 573
Tamron 70-300 Di LD Macro - US$ 160
= US$ 733

I've made my mind for D3200 as a friend over another forum suggested me D3200. Its not in stock now and will be available this week.

Can anyone give me opinion about this as its always better to ask before buy.

Thanks

You're probably over-agonizing. You'll be very happy with any of those. Whoever said that the Canon 550D was better at being a camcorder and not that good at photos is whacked in the head.

The new Canon 650D (T4i) is even better... but as this camera only came out about a month ago it might be difficult to find in stock.

Canon 550D looks very impressive to me I've seen alot of photos from Flickr. Very popular model.

I would go for 650D without any questions but its costly for my budget. It's in stock but its for US$ 945. Mine is around 800.

You said you have already made up your mind on d3200 didn't you? I am sure you will be very happy with it. Of course, if money permits, get a even higher model so that you don't have to upgrade later. The model will be dependent on your budget not so much on brand.

Bukitimah said:
You said you have already made up your mind on d3200 didn't you? I am sure you will be very happy with it. Of course, if money permits, get a even higher model so that you don't have to upgrade later. The model will be dependent on your budget not so much on brand.

Yes d3200. Canon 600D looked good so I thought I should ask. That's final if on Wednesday they have D3200 in stock I ll get it otherwise 600D. Can't wait more ;).

Sent from my iPhone using PhotoForum

Go with whichever feels more comfortable in your hands.

I went to the store today D3200 was still not available so I took the Canon 650D for $946 (appx. $140 more).

Um.. try it before you buy it? While these cameras might perform similarly, their controls and ergonomics vary, viewfinders are different, and so on. You might be surprised how different they feel in your hands.

Um.. try it before you buy it? While these cameras might perform similarly, their controls and ergonomics vary, viewfinders are different, and so on. You might be surprised how different they feel in your hands.

I think that ship has sold (sorry for the terrible pun).

OP, congrats on the 650D, it's a great camera.

Whow, congrats. Thats quite a jump from the initial list of cameras.

Jaemie said:

They had 600D for testing, It's my first DSLR so I'll get use to this design and will prefer this in future.

There is very little difference between a 550D and 600D (apart from the swivel screen). Personally I'd opt for the 550D, which is what I took all these pics with: Observing India
Great little camera!

I hear that the 650D has a touch screen. I've been wondering about that.

As someone who just purchased his first DSLR ( 550D ) I love it so far. I really didn't need a flip out screen that the t4i offered and the T3i has pretty much the same sensor as the T2i. But if you do invest in a class 10 SD card.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back