First Engagement Session

If you were in this situation, what would you do? Knowing that this is how the clients normally dress, and that you mentioned to them to wear something nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Be specific and give a reason so they don't take your requests as an insult: "No prints, please. Solid color tee-shirt. They're too distracting in our setting/posing/lighting." The less they know about photography, the more bs reason you can give them. "It will disrupt the pattern sensor and that makes skin tone look very unflattering!"

If you were in this situation, what would you do? Knowing that this is how the clients normally dress, and that you mentioned to them to wear something nice.

Be specific and give a reason so they don't take your requests as an insult: "No prints, please. Solid color tee-shirt. They're too distracting in our setting/posing/lighting." The less they know about photography, the more bs reason you can give them. "It will disrupt the pattern sensor and that makes skin tone look very unflattering!"

This ^. Wearing something nice is very subjective, as apparent by what the guy continues to show up wearing. Be specific and directive. Tell him his big hairy legs are jacking up the session and feathery wings are for fairies.

Depends on how cool they were. If they were really cool and didnt live to far away I would have suggested a wardrobe change. Now if they really didnt care and were adamant about leaving on what they were wearing then just go with it. But it is good to know that you at least made the initial suggestion to wear something nicer. Really they just needed something more basic. All the different prints are really busy and distracting.

I like the first one. the grass looks like it's glistening, she looks really happy and it's nice to see them relaxed on the ground.
If I stare at it too long I start to wish he had on pants cause his left leg isn't so appealing. I also think it should be sharper, particularly.

...and his tee shirt isn't very nice...

This is the third time I've shot this couple, and every time I do, they come mismatched and he's wearing shorts and one of those type t-shirts. I find it very frustrating! I'm taking these for free (he's my brother), so I'd like to be able to use these for my portfolio and advertising. With these outfits, however, that's not going to happen.

Tell him to wear big boy pants so his fleshy hairy legs don't spoil the picture.
And use a custom white balance.

his legs arent that hairy. ;-)

This ^. Wearing something nice is very subjective, as apparent by what the guy continues to show up wearing. Be specific and directive. Tell him his big hairy legs are jacking up the session and feathery wings are for fairies.

Tell them everytime you snap a picture of the screen print that a Leprechaun riding a tiny unicorn dies.

Most reactions

Back