First Ever HDR C&C

Michaelintraining

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photobucket.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey just got photomatix and this was the result of my first HDR photo. Im quite pleased with it. Apart from the messy room :thumbdown:

Any opinions/tips/criticism is welcome.
HDR.jpg

Liking the tones, etc.. looks like you've got the HDR bit right, just need to take a prettier picture now :p

I'm not a fan of HDR as a whole...or more precisely the current photo fad of HDR. To me, its a tool like any other to be used in specific situations. I find that you have the basics down, but find a scene where HDR can actually work its magic, something with a high dynamic range in the contrast, and then really make use the tool.

I actually kind of like this photo... it tells a story... it looks like the room of a 26 year old slob still living at home in his parents' attic... totally unmotivated, the boombox there to play his favorite songs from the 90s when things were better... I think the HDR "effect" actually kind of works in this instance too.

Hope I didn't offend, just sayin'!

I like the color and tone, the picture is very sharp and I agree on the messy room :)

-Santacruz

I like it, actually!

It makes me feel comfortable, like I'm cozy. A photo does it's job when someone wants to be there. In that photo. And you've done just that this morning. Nice work on the HDR, too. :er:

I'm not a fan of HDR as a whole...or more precisely the current photo fad of HDR. To me, its a tool like any other to be used in specific situations. I find that you have the basics down, but find a scene where HDR can actually work its magic, something with a high dynamic range in the contrast, and then really make use the tool.

Actually, normally, in a HDR photo you cannot tell the difference between a regular photo and a HDR photo; except that in a HDR you can actually see details in highlights and shadows, normally something a photographer might use a fill flash for.

It's the tone mapping people usually go crazy on, and that's really a separate subject from HDR; though most people consider the two to be the same, but they're actually not, and usually blame HDR for the tone mapping fad.

You can create a HDR without tone mapping and get a superior photo, and you can tone map without HDR and get an artistic effect.

All the same, I like this photo for what it's meant to be. :)

I actually kind of like this photo... it tells a story... it looks like the room of a 26 year old slob still living at home in his parents' attic... totally unmotivated, the boombox there to play his favorite songs from the 90s when things were better... I think the HDR "effect" actually kind of works in this instance too.

Hope I didn't offend, just sayin'!

:lol: I was avctually thinking "Gee! That looks a lot like my room, when I was 19, living in my parents basement, etc. etc." lol

I've only seen a few HDR photos, and I was always amazed how everything seems to pop in the picture. I don't know if the subjects of your room and food really utilize the power of HDR.

I suppose the pictures are more interesting than if you didn't use HDR though.

I've only seen a few HDR photos, and I was always amazed how everything seems to pop in the picture. I don't know if the subjects of your room and food really utilize the power of HDR.

I suppose the pictures are more interesting than if you didn't use HDR though.

That statement is all that is wrong with the world of HDR.

Most reactions

Back