First Ever HDR

Looks kinda cooked to me. The sky looks almost apocalyptic. Also maybe crop it in just a hair on the right, the sapling or whatever that is at the bottom right of the frame throws the image off. Not bad for a first try. Just remember HDR isn't cruise control for good pictures. You have to have good composition or all the tone mapping in the world wont do you any good.

Good points with what zombiemann wrote. When processing gets "overcooked" it can leave haloing where dark objects meet lighter ones. You want the HDR process to balance this as much as possible.

I like the eerie feel to this composition and the look of the ruins. I would have left out the branch jutting in on the top right, unless you wanted to include the trunk, etc. as a frame or footing for the photo. There is also a wire or something in the middle left side that could have been cloned out. Good start!

I like the photo, very nice!! just watch out for Noise on the Left side of the photo on top of the cross... and maybe just my opinion mmmmm too much grass.. and no action on it so it you crop the picture just to take off less grass and it may be look better, and maybe a little more saturation or vibrence..

this is my opinion.. just want to let form a photographer to another photographer..

I'm one of those folks who are a fan of letting an HDR get over-cooked a bit so, with regards to that, I dig it.

Haloing has been addressed, and is it slightly crooked?

I guess I should have added a disclaimer. The whole "cooked" vs "natural" thing is strictly a matter of personal preference. I happen to land somewhere in the middle. Some pictures I think look amazing "cooked" while I can also appreciate more "natural" looking results. At the end of the day it's up to you to decide your style. And don't let anybody make your mind up for you, myself included.

Most reactions

Back