First HDR

Genocide

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
HDRsmall.jpg

I don't have a tripod yet, so I think the focus may have turned out a bit funny. Anyway, can I get some comments please?

By the way, the chocolates weren't really added in for context or narrative but if you want to look at it that way you can :)

Comments...
Well ... while I see that it may be great fun to test out HDR techniques and look at the results, I also find that not everything renders itself easily to HDR photography. This indoors motif does not. HDR technique is totally unnecessary, I feel. You can produce a pleasing pic with the given light dynamics in one photo, too.

And a photo with such a narrow DOF as you had here (to compensate the low light situation with a wide open aperture) gives itself even less to HDR. The first thing I see is that the WALL and the lamp post are in focus, but none of your intended subjects are: neither the sweets nor the koala. And the HDR gave the koala a dark "halo" (halos are bright in and by themselves, but what would I call that dark rim otherwise?) around his ear.

Thanks very much for the comments. I've only recently bought my camera so it's great to get some tips from you guys. I think the dark Halo around his ear was caused by the gaussian blur I applied to the mask inbetween the two shots while making the HDR.

Most reactions

Back