First HDR

Digital Dustin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
this isnt the greatest pic to try this with but I just eager to try out photmatix:mrgreen:

4301654812_c64865bb26_b.jpg

here is the original
4301406108_e0eea6e56d_b.jpg

Last edited:
I might have a stupid question. Why is this pic so small? I've tried everything and cant get it bigger.

And it's still small, can't see enough of the details to properly critique or provide any advice about the photo you want us to look at.

Follow these steps to post a larger version of your image

#1 Go to your flickr account and locate your photo click on it and look for the following above the image
148dibn.png

#2 Select the large size Dont worry the forum will auto resize the image for you.
vdet5e.png

#3 when your large size loads right click over the image and select properties copy the files address
10i89p1.png

#4 now come in here and select the "Insert Image" and paste the location you will see your image in a large size but don't worry when you post it will resize it so we all can see it in normal size.

That is all

Last edited:
And it's still small, can't see enough of the details to properly critique or provide any advice about the photo you want us to look at.
That is all

thank you.

I see there is a little bit of a halo effect on the leaves in front and the palm trees in the back. What is the best way to get rid of those? Is masking in PS the only effective way to get rid of the halo?

I think the foliage in the upper left hand corner is distracting. But if you got rid of it I guess you would have to lose the clouds as well.

I think the foliage in the upper left hand corner is distracting. But if you got rid of it I guess you would have to lose the clouds as well.

yea I tried cropping it a bit but it looked really chopped. This was more of just a HDR test kinda thing. This was really just a snap I took with a friends Cannon.

I agree about the leaves from the tree in the upper corner, there is a tiny amount of Chromatic aberration pretty much around everything & noise lots of noise in the skyline.

However it works, I wouldn't jump and say it's picture perfect but hey for a 1st attempt it's not bad at all:thumbup:

I edited your image if by any chance you don't want it displayed let me know and I will gladly take it down at your request I just figured I would show you
an edited version of it hope you like it. I used cloud brushes in photoshop,gradient layer, and space brush for comet and moon.

4302414866_76fa1604c7_o.jpg

Last edited:
I agree about the leaves from the tree in the upper corner, there is a tiny amount of Chromatic aberration pretty much around everything & noise lots of noise in the skyline.

However it works, I wouldn't jump and say it's picture perfect but hey for a 1st attempt it's not bad at all:thumbup:

I edited your image if by any chance you don't want it displayed let me know and I will gladly take it down at your request I just figured I would show you
an edited version of it hope you like it. I used cloud brushes in photoshop,gradient layer, and space brush for comet and moon.

4302414866_76fa1604c7_o.jpg

wow that looks awesome. Besides the cropping and the sky what did you do differently as far as photomatix settings goes?

Check your inbox you will see the settings for your image
Now what I did was took your original image loaded it into photoshop
set the exposure compensation to +2,0,-2 then saved those as a high quality tiff file I also corrected the tilt and changed the perspective angle a little bit so everything is squared. Then I loaded these images into photomatix then exported the high Quality tonemapped tiff back into photoshop where I adjusted the vibrance and color saturation. I also used noiseware to reduce the noise and then added layers for the artificial stuff using brushes moon,comet,clouds, etc.. and gradient fill for the sky glad you like the edit of your own work.:thumbup:

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back