First Hummingbird - Does this make a birder/birdographer?

waday

Do one thing every day that scares you
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Walked by the door to the deck and spotted a hummingbird flying around our flowers. I made some weird or odd dorky noise, and flew into the living room to grab my camera. Scared the bleep out of my wife and dog.

The camera had my 50mm on it, but I had no time to change it. I put it in shutter priority, picked 1/2000 sec, and took 4 pictures. This was the best and most in focus. It's a heavy crop/heavy sharpening, but I think it's pretty good for being through glass.

Does this make a birder? :allteeth::abnormal:

HummingBird.jpg

Yes, and no.
A Birder would have recognized the weird/dorky noise ... but a bird Photographer would not have issue with scaring other humans just to get an image of a bird ... a real bird Photographer has a long lens on the camera sitting ready to to get an image at any time (mine is on a monopod beside the back door to the deck).

This is just the start of your adventure ... nice shot with a 50mm.

Yup, the fact that you jumped up, made the weird noise, scared family members............YOU ARE CERTIFIED! Birdographer. :boogie::clap:

Nice and natural shot.

Yes, and no.
A Birder would have recognized the weird/dorky noise ... but a bird Photographer would not have issue with scaring other humans just to get an image of a bird ... a real bird Photographer has a long lens on the camera sitting ready to to get an image at any time (mine is on a monopod beside the back door to the deck).

This is just the start of your adventure ... nice shot with a 50mm.

Thanks! That's a good idea to keep it ready. Now that I know they like our flowers, I'll have to keep it handy. My dog will be thankful she doesn't have to be my test subject for the next few days, haha!

Does this make a birder?
Yes, you're hooked now.

I was afraid of that...

Yup, the fact that you jumped up, made the weird noise, scared family members............YOU ARE CERTIFIED! Birdographer. :boogie::clap:

Nice and natural shot.

Woo! I'm a birder! ;):D Thanks! :)

When You walk in the water with boots and socks on,Walk through or hide in bush with a hornets nest,lay down in mud or maybe even float out to see on drift wood its time to go talk to some one but so far you seem ok. Nice Shot

Pretty sure you need one of those silly hats first.. then it's official. Lol

Nice shot though.. those hummingbirds are wicked fast. Little bastages.
I actually think I have one of those hats somehwere around here.... :hopelessness:

Thanks!

When You walk in the water with boots and socks on,Walk through or hide in bush with a hornets nest,lay down in mud or maybe even float out to see on drift wood its time to go talk to some one but so far you seem ok. Nice Shot
Ahaha.. that sounds like an adventure! :DThanks!

hanks! That's a good idea to keep it ready. Now that I know they like our flowers, I'll have to keep it handy. My dog will be thankful she doesn't have to be my test subject for the next few days, haha

Until this post, I thought you had a chance. Now you will find that there is no such thing as long enough glass.

Until this post, I thought you had a chance. Now you will find that there is no such thing as long enough glass.
Yay! I can bug my wife for more gear! ;)

Now aside from the 5DMkIII and various lenses, I'll have to include a 7DMkII and some long glass. :allteeth:

Pretty sure you need one of those silly hats first.. then it's official. Lol

Nice shot though.. those hummingbirds are wicked fast. Little bastages.
I actually think I have one of those hats somehwere around here.... :hopelessness:

Thanks!

Ahaha.. that sounds like an adventure! :DThanks!
Good deal. I guess the hat thing is mandatory. The safari beige is acceptable but I think you get extra bonus cred for camo.

Sent from my 306SH using Tapatalk

Good deal. I guess the hat thing is mandatory. The safari beige is acceptable but I think you get extra bonus cred for camo.
I only have safari beige… :dispirited:

Well buck up little camper. Christmas will be here before you know it. Lol

Well buck up little camper. Christmas will be here before you know it. Lol

That's true.. Our budget should allow a 7DMkII... body cap. :p

Might as well face it you're addicted to Hummz!
I like being addicted! It's fun! :cool:

Most reactions

Back