First Kids portraits. Please Critique...

beckyh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.sdactionsports.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just had my first portrait session, other than family this past week. Please feel free to critique as much as possible. It will make me better in the end :) Thank you all!

WOW!!... love them...

although I would´ve loved some changes (I´m no expert and I too need critiquing, I thik it helps seeing other points of view, even if we don´t like them)

pic 1: I would´ve looooved if the girl was like waving or jumping...

pic 2: fix babies fingers, they look odd positioned and thus they attract ones attention..(I know babies move a lot ;))

pic3: brighten up flag colors

pic4: a lil less shiny (a bit orangy it looks)

pic 5: make lower background also black

pic 6: love the girl and both her and the kitty expression, just maybe soften the white as the upper left seem a bit too white

hi

pic #1- i would clone out the branches on the right side of the photo.

pic#2- cute lil person. the forehead seems a bit blown out as well as under the eyes, but it doesn't take away from the portrait. nice job.

pic#3-very creative!!! maybe make the baby a bit darker? dunno. i like it though.

pic#4- wish the tree wasn't in focus.

pic#5- i gotta say that i am not a huge fan of selective colorization. personally my eyes are drawn to the tractor, but that may just be me.

pic#6- very fun photo :) i like this, it makes me smile. only nitpik is that some of kitty gets lost in the white.

overall:
comps is good and colors look good. nice job and i am looking forward to seeing more from you :)

Hi!
Nice going for your first kid portraits.
Some critiques for ya.
1. I would rather have seen this cropped a little closer so the trees aren't visible on each side. I think they kind of distract from the image.
2. The baby looks a little on the gray side (but this is a monitor that hasn't been calibrated in quite a while).
3. I'd maybe "pop" the color of the flag a little. It looks almost like there is a haze over the picture. I guess this is personal preference, though.
4. Looks like a snapshot.
5. I, too, am not a fan of selective color, but that's another personal preference issue. The arm chopping on the left is a little bothersome. Also, like the earlier B&W, looks a little gray on my screen.
6. Is my favorite of the group. It's cute and the exposure looks good. The cat looks freaked out, though! Haha!

thank you all. I will start fixing some of the photos. Everyones thoughts really matter, so thanks again!

Most reactions

Back