tom.ganc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.atgancarzphotography.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi there
Yesterday I had my first maternity shoot. It was my friend and her boyfriend and I used all studio gear I had :)
Because it is my first serious shoot I need comments. So please let me know if you like it or not.
3338392138_02fe23d93a_o.jpg

3338425552_f02142de58_o.jpg

3338392092_2c33ccba7c_o.jpg

I'm still working on other pictures so it will be more later.
Thanks

1 & 2 seem to have an orange/red cast. 3 is my favorite, I really like the composition!

Overall they are a little on the bright side. As for the color cast I notice it more on him than I do on her which makes me believe it has something to do with him.

Hi
Thanks for comments
I agree with you that two first ones are bit on the red side. I'll try to fix it later.
Please take a look on other from this shoot.

3339717366_8bb1ef948a_o.jpg

3338840805_a3978b0cbe_o.jpg

3339256054_d23a096cdf_o.jpg

3339256052_6a87e3bc9e_o.jpg

I hope you like it.
Thanks

#5,6 and 7 all made me giggle :) Clever composition ideas!

Since I know nothing about studio lighting etc., I can't say anything about it, other than that I myself don't see the orange cast that's been mentioned, and that I like how you instructed them to wear all black for some.
And all in all I get the feeling that they will cherish these photos for ever and ever!
They are such FRIENDLY maternity shots, it is obvious that all three of you had FUN taking these/having these taken! Mom-to-be looks so happy and relaxed with the TOBY block on her belly... and dad-to-be is so funny in some. I'm enjoying these!

Open the photos in Photoshop. Convert to LAB color. Apply a curves lever. Open that curves layer. Change the channel from "Luminosity" to "A". Drag the upper right point down. You will notice the change.

I like them, for a first maternity - but I don't like the black shirts for some reason. It all blends in anyway, and your eyes force themselves to discern the patterns in the cloth, instead of appreciating the 'beauty' of the baby - or w/e other Hallmark slogan we got going on.

Other than the magenta (thats on both of them in the first two), good shots all around.

I love #1! What a memory. Makes me wish I could do it all over again and have at least one picture of me pregnant.

Hi
Thanks for all comments. I'm glad you like it.

LA PHOTO - ther are my friends and we had great fun. I hope they will be happy with results :)

ANDS! - I tried this LAB conversion and it looks better. I'll have play tonight and post some results. Thanks for help.

I'm going to get Spyder 2 calibrator for my onitor so colours will be more accurate.
I did only basic online monitor calibration but I think I need proper calibrator.

Thanks again
Tom

Last edited:
Yes, I love number 5. I procrastinated getting my maternity pics. I waited until I was 9 1/2 months and then ran to Sears to do something last minute. Anyway, great composition in all of these!!!

Great shots! I like them a lot! They all look professional. #3 looks very dramatic, and I like the idea in #7. Creative! ;)

Last edited:
I think you did very well. #3 is fantastic.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back