First model shoot.

OK, I admit they were not negative comments!! I am sorry for getting so emotional about them. But as core_17 said, "sometimes that can be painful especially when you have poured your heart into it." was so true! I was just so "In Love" with the fact I made something look that good.And it hurt to hear that everyone sees them differently than I do. I know they are good photos but i can't look at them for the first time and have something jump out at me like all of you can! And to let you all know I have another shoot tomorrow with her and I am actually going to focus on what evryone told me! I want to learn as well and that is why I am here.!! I have to learn to analyze what your critiques are with an open mind and try to see how you see it and that is how I will learn!! Thank you all for your great comments!!

Alyssa

Criticism is better than no response at all. A lot of pictures get posted with little or no feedback.

With all this...said and done. Alyssa welcome to TPF. I'm happy to have you join our circle (I'm real new here too and these guys are pretty cool).

Hey you are not alone, I've been in and out of critiques most of my life. Some I've been slammed in and others I came out shining. Just keep working. I was once told by a painting professor after I got pissed at another professor for a bad/unfair critique... "You're here to learn how to make art- you have a life time to create it. Quit whinning and get back to work!" That shut me up and I got back to work. And after the fact both of the professors were on my rear to spend even more time in the studio. lol :D Hell... it haunts me to this very day.

I love the sweater and bikini look. I hope it catches on in this neck of the woods. The first frame has too many angles going on for me, but the last frame is fabulous. I love her reflective mood. In all the frames the lighting and exposure seems right on.

I also have to say that I question the butt and boob shots. Your subject is definitely beautiful, somehow it may be more in more in her her eyes and presence.

I would like the first pic better if it was taken with a telephoto and not a wide angle. The large arm is not very nice. The last pic is 8) I really dig the sweater bikini look and nice pose. The tie shot to me is the least strong of the bunch. Bad angle and pose.

Eric

Most reactions

New Topics

Back