What's new

First Moon Shot

250Gimp

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 3, 2006
Messages
1,031
Reaction score
0
Location
Chelsea, Quebec
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I wasn't sure where to post this, so here it goes!!

This is my first try at shooting the moon.

Rebel Xt, 70-200 f4 L + 1.4x TC, 280mm, 1/40 sec., f13, iso 100

This is a 100% crop of the photo.

Moon.jpg



Here is the same photo upsized to aprox. 150%, with some touch ups in photo shop.

Moonupsize.jpg



C&C welcome

Thanks
 
What does one do to "touch up" the moon?
 
What does one do to "touch up" the moon?


sharpen, levels, curves....

To the OP, nice job :) I haven't tried since 3 weeks of getting my camera. I want to do that when we get the great big moon over our house again.
 
Yamadak13, the main "touch Up" I did was noise reduction from blowing up the oversize pic.

Lyncca, thanks for the comment!

Cheers
 
I tried a bunch of shots of the moon last night, no luck. I'll keep trying. I now understand what you mean about touching up the moon.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom