first newborn.. practice shoot

TynDre

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
CC please! I had some focusing issues...my first time using my canon 50mm 1.8. Havent gotten the hang of it yet, but overall it was a great learning experience. All have been edited.

1-
RJH1wm.jpg

2-
RJH2wm.jpg

3-
RJH4BWwm.jpg

4-
RJH6wm.jpg

5-
RJH7wm.jpg

Thanks for looking!

I think those are awesome, i dont see alot of out of focus, could be my eyes are getting worse.:lol: Ok, everyone say awwwwwww. Lets see what other more experienced photographers say.

I'm new here, so I hope you don't mind me jumping on in. These are very nice. Such a cutie.

D

I'm guessing most of these were shot wide open?

were these shot under natural light?

p!nK

Natural light and wide open...I had just gotten the lens so I was excited that I could shoot so open...didnt have to necessarily. It was a learning experience. Next time I wont be so close so his whole face would be in focus...

Every time I see a post from someone with a new 1.8 prime or 2.8 zoom, every picture posted is wide open. Definitely not the best option in this case. The 50mm 1.8 is very soft wide open, and your depth of field is simply too shallow in most of the images.

Every time I see a post from someone with a new 1.8 prime or 2.8 zoom, every picture posted is wide open. Definitely not the best option in this case. The 50mm 1.8 is very soft wide open, and your depth of field is simply too shallow in most of the images.

Funny you mention that. As soon as I got my 50mm 1.4, I shot wide open EVERY time. Now I have about 1000 photos of my son where only one eye is in focus, or sometimes just his nose or his upper lip. LOL...

Light is nice, I see that it is a bit soft but not too bad. These are pretty good for a first time, the only thing I might have changed is the position of baby in pic 4. Looks akward/uncomfortable.

Thanks for the input...It wasnt very bright in their house and that is the main reason why I was shooting wide open. I could of bumped up my ISO but the grain drives me nuts. If I had backed up a bit, more of his face would have been in focus, correct?

Most reactions

Back