First NEWBORN session...

RMThompson

the TPF moderators rock my world!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
In addition to adding Maternity shots recently, I am now doing newborn photos! Here is my FIRST session. Be extra critiquey... I want to get better!

:)

(Sorry so many, some I couldn't decide what I liked!)

DSC_0013e.jpg

DSC_0017e.jpg

DSC_0017selective.jpg

DSC_0021e.jpg

DSC_0024e.jpg

DSC_0036e.jpg

DSC_0037e.jpg

DSC_0046e2.jpg

DSC_0049e.jpg

DSC_0058e.jpg

DSC_0068e.jpg

DSC_0072e.jpg

DSC_0078e.jpg

DSC_0086e.jpg

You asked for HHCC, so here it is:

They all are very underexposed.

#1 just looks awkward, the the baby is missing an eye.

#2 Babies skin looks very red in this one.

#3 I cant even start on this one...no....please no...

#4 best of the basket/flowers ones...but still just looks a bit awkward and out of place I guess.

#5. Is that a Jack Daniels hat? lol! Not bad. Still underexposed. Not crazy about the heavy vignette at all.

#6, 7, 8, 9 way way underexposed

#10 Kinda of a weird angle here. Not as underexposed as the rest.

#11 has potential. The feet being that blurry is a bit distracting. Without your settings I dont know if its motion blur or what.

#12 probably the best out of the bunch. Still kinda underexposed, though.

#13 Underexposed and the whole thing is soft.

#14 awkward angle, you chopped off the babies toes, im not crazy about looking up the babies nose. :) Also underexposed.

How are you metering for these? Were you using studio lights? It would really help to have your settings with each picture.

Thanks for the crits.

You were right on the under exposure, turns out I was editing them on a bad screen! I refixed them!

You posed so many that I am only going to comment on the ones I feel strongly about.

I dont like any of the flowers. I think they are too overwhelming. And desaturating the baby makes him look, Im sorry but, dead. DEFINITELY not feeling that one.
I dig the B&W ones. in 11 and 12, I like that his head is in focus, but I think is feet are TOO out of focus know what I mean?? Id increase your DOF. Also agree about the awkward angle on 14, and the underexposure.

On a positive note though, for a first time session with a newborn these are pretty decent. Just work on your metering, angles, settings and props, but you've got the right idea.

Most reactions

Back