first night market shot

newrmdmike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
its not so great, but there may be better ones to come if i go back to one.

_DSC3489.jpg

Well I don't know exactly how to put this. I like the type of picture I guess (what I mean is the exposure/grain/b&w). Oh I know! I like the technical elements but the subject isn't really speaking to me. Does that make sense? I would definitely go back ot the market at night again and try different subjects, same settings.

Usually I try not to comment on people photos because the majority look like snapshots to me. That's not very positive and you deserve better. So here it is;

Really nice shot. I like the curve to the left then right from the bottom up to the ladies' face and the box/sign just below her and right.

I like the sharpness and I suppose it's called 'tonal range', and you've caught a telling facial expression.

The part I don't care for is the half-headed crazy chick that wouldn't get out of the shot. I understand that's part of the game tho. That's also why I don't take people shots and therefore why I generally don't comment on them.

Other than that, the photo is "Ultimately Pure."

yes i agree . . . man i haven't been putting out much in the way of quality work for a while now . . .

but here are two more from that night, i'm going back tomorrow and promise to kick a.ss

this one could have been good, but i mucked up the composition, and the guy isn't that interesting :(
_DSC3486.jpg

and in this one i like the round thing, and arm . . . but still its pretty mediocre in subject matter.

_DSC3487.jpg

There is one problem with all 3, they don't look carefully composed, there are things that are unnecessary elements interfering, and moreover, you wanted a certain subject and these photos seems to lack perspective, you didn't pick your angle, and you didn't use any technique or tool to show what you wanted...

The first one was better from the other 2, the other 2 are merely snap shots, it just seems that you wanted the biggest amount of stuff to be shown on those photographs.

Being there, pointing the camera, shooting, capturing some nice tones, is a very good effort actually, but the composition is what matters the most.

Every picture has at least 2 elements that should have been eliminated.

I'm sure you will do better tomorrow...

your right about the composition, i'll make a little confession . . . i wasn't looking through the viewfinder in the last two, but am pretty confident about where my camera is pointed when i'm not looking.

when i took these i knew they weren't going to be AMAZING or even great, but i did think, well maybe people will appreciate them for being able to see so much of whats there.

one problem with that night market is that you have to bring a flashlight to see, and there isn't light in the places with great lines, or simpler compositions . . . so what you see is where i could see anything.

i did choose an angle and employ photographic techniques, what you see is undoubtedly what i wanted you to see, its just that it wasn't a very good choice. :)

Where did you take this shots?

I have to say that night markets shot are very difficult, what is your camera ?

These shot are really not very interesting to my opinion, try to be closer to the people because you ar etoo far and the composition is not good, I get lost in your picture

mat

Most reactions

Back