First night photos

indeedies

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well first ones that I'm proud enough to post I suppose.
Please let me know what could be done better. Thanks!
4134634141_babb86bbaf_b.jpg

4134631961_c267f70502_b.jpg

I like the first one best. But i think maybe you should try cropping out a bit of the sky/smoke. Its too much for me. Square crop maybe.

Also, i think its a terrible subject, lol. All that junk we gotta breath in :(.

Cool shot. I would like to see an cropped edit.
Gian

Edit: now that i look at it again, square crop wont work. But still take some off the top.

As gian send, cropping would be good, but I find the subject matter important, tells us what "industries" do to us whilst we slumber, give'm hell :thumbup:

Ahh good point wescobts. So let me change it too....

The subject and message are good, but the fact that we have the ability to send the message is not.

:D Happy Thanksgiving

Gian

These are neat shots, and I agree with most of the critique this far, but my big suggestion is make sure your horizon is leveled. It's best to do this in camera, but it's fairly simple to do in post if need be.

As far as the cropping I kind of felt it was too much smoke and sky but at the same time I was trying to make that my subject. While we sleep they continue pumping away. Is this a little less distracting but still keeping with my original intention? And as far as leveling the horizon I was trying to keep the lights level in the backround since my eye was drawn there in the veiwfinder. Should I now try and level the slight tilt in the buildings? Thanks for the help guys.
4136522112_705729345b_b.jpg

4135760463_ab3d3f41aa_b.jpg

All I can say is noise. Yes. Noise.
But the subject is great. Love industrial shots.

Yes. Number 1, thats exactly where i was thinking to cut it. And i agree with the lights being level. Thats what your (my) eye is drawn to.

All I can say is noise. Yes. Noise.
But the subject is great. Love industrial shots.

Everytime I think I have a good shot someone pokes holes in my dreams :lol:. Thanks for pointing this out. Luckily I live pretty close to this place so I'm going back and trying again. At first I thought it was the smoke particles doing that but then of course your comment put me in my place :lol:.

And thanks Gian for the words of encourangment and advice.

Really appreciate it everyone. I think I'm getting better everytime I read this forum.

It might sound strange but I like the second photo especially the top part. If you crop the image to lose a bit from the bottom and straighten it up you will find the smoke actually looks like a huge monster (Sam Raimi's style) with raised hands who's attacking the nuclear power station :blushing:
Regards,
b.

Everytime I think I have a good shot someone pokes holes in my dreams

You have my sympathy. I think this happens to everyone.

Just charge your battery and don't be afraid to open the shutter for like 1.5 minutes ( and that is gonna happen on ISO 100). The result will be worth it.

Oh, and you'll have to do it with "BULB".

Most reactions

New Topics

Back