first night shots c&c

TylerF

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i was on the way to the gym at 11 tonight and saw a cool looking house. so i got out, and set up to take a few shots. its like below zero and a bit windy here so i had to make it quick. just wondering if they are anything to keep on the computer. i couldnt get a good shot of the church, but i have always like the glowing cross, any suggestions on how to get a better picture?

2eobpqo.jpg

20qdds8.jpg

Power line are a huge pain are'nt they? I see things all the time and say to myself that would be great if the power lines werent there.

i know i saw house, pulled over and set up my tripod, then i noticed the powerlines haha. i wish they were gone or i could work a different angle but it didnt look like i could

For some reason the second one is nice to me. It is simple and a nice composition. I love how the cross is lit up and everything else still remains pretty dark. Only problem is the cross is kind of right near the center of the frame. Good job though.
TJ

Maybe try cropping some of the top and left of #2 and see if that does it.

i had a shot like that but the wind shook the camera haha hows this?

2nuou8x.jpg

so thats it? haha figured that maybe cuz i posted late last night, i would get more cc today lol. o well

i had a shot like that but the wind shook the camera haha hows this?

2nuou8x.jpg

This I like! Simple, makes statement, and I like this crop better.

The first one would be cool w/out the power lines I agree. I see the same thing all the time as well. If only we didn't have so much darn electricity in this country ;) Oh well haha, nice shooting

-tim

thanks! i hate the power lines haha. but i figured i would take a photo of the place anyways

CC is usually given more when a photo is horrible (say 1 on a 1-10) or when the photo is spectacular (10 on a 1-10). Anything in between its hit or miss.

I've posted quite a few that get 2-3 CC. But again, its not the quantity of CC, its the quality that counts.

So no cc sould mean its pretty good? :) I agree with you that quality is important, but I also like to get different peoples opinions.

Seeing as I got a few responses on the church, I want to go back and take shots in better weather

Most reactions

New Topics

Back