First night shots C+C

jabrake88

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jboman.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am brand new to photography and these were my first attempts at taking night shots. Not so sure I like them as they don't wow me but let me know what I can try to improve on for the next time!

1. I like how it turned out "technically" but the subject didn't really grab me like I thought it would.
main.php

main.php

3. I applied a quick preset adjustment from Lightroom.
main.php

main.php

Thanks, JB

The first one of the building, the lights on it are way too bright. Most cityscape "night" shots are generally shot at dusk, so you have some ambient light from the sun, but you can still see the lights. It generally tends to be a fairly narrow window of time.

The first one of the building, the lights on it are way too bright. Most cityscape "night" shots are generally shot at dusk, so you have some ambient light from the sun, but you can still see the lights. It generally tends to be a fairly narrow window of time.

Yeah.. That's what I was hoping to get but I just missed it. I walked out of work and it was perfect but by the time I got to the truck and got my camera and got to where I could shoot it I missed out but thought I would attempt anyways since I was already there.
Thanks and keep them coming!

Shots of Winston Salem. I see your in HP. Same here.

One other thing that is tricky about certain things is that Wachovia building is leaning to the right in your shot. You could crop that to straighten it if you wanted to hold on to the shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back