First ones from the new(used) Mamiya RZ67

kdthomas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
OK, so this is Ilford FP4 Plus 125 f/8, with the strip bank above right with a grid. I tore the crap out of the film loading it onto the spool and crumpled it as well ... but I like this effect :) The first is a straight scan, the second one is +40 contrast and +40 dehaze in LR.

1)
CrumpledNegative-1.jpg

2)
CrumpledNegative-2.jpg

I prefer the contrast of the second image, but the processing damage is far too distracting to me.

I have a gooder one

image.jpg

And this look smooth. :encouragement:

Nice shots. Good luck with the Mamiya. I shoot the RB67 and it's an amazing system.

What scanner are you using?
I have an Epson v850 pro and really like it ... The little clippy trays are a bit of a pain sometimes but I feel like I get good quality

I enjoyed seeing the film damage--I have never seen it look quite like that! It was fascinating to see. I liked the damaged film scan images better than the third, clan image! Your film scan cleanliness and quality is miles ahead of the first few shots you posted--you've really,really upped your game on the clean scanning end of things. Your progress in photographic practice is apparent.

I enjoyed seeing the film damage--I have never seen it look quite like that! It was fascinating to see. I liked the damaged film scan images better than the third, clan image! Your film scan cleanliness and quality is miles ahead of the first few shots you posted--you've really,really upped your game on the clean scanning end of things. Your progress in photographic practice is apparent.

Well thanks, Derrell, I appreciate hearing that :) although I think I got a bit more lucky with these than many. My nemesis here is DUST .... Omfg the dust ... Absolutely inescapable. I've gotten to storing the Epson negative trays in trash bags ... Not just to store long term BUT BETWEEN SCANS! But the cleaning/covering discipline pays off in less cloning work ...

And ... I still have to spend 15 minutes at least cloning garbage out of the keepers.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back