Raj_55555

Indian God of Photography
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.rajarshiphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been away for a while, been really busy with work and stuff but really needed to take my new 70-300 VR for a ride. I managed to visit the zoo yesterday and here's some of the photographs I managed to process yesterday. My first impressions were that VR makes the image soft, might be I'm using it wrong but it was off for almost all the shots that I liked.
#2 was the only case where I needed the VR due to the extremely low light.

My habits of manual focus were getting the better of me, so after a while of struggling with the AF I decided to go full manual, never thought that'd happen once I get this lens :lol:

And my humble apologies for the absence of kitties, I couldn't finish editing all my shots.. I'll make up for them in a few days.. In the meanwhile any feedback or C&C is more than welcome :)

#1 A few Mandarin Ducks
15584535226_fdd1dbec02_z.jpg

#2. Blue and Yellow Macaw

15605535951_c6e4c1572a_z.jpg

#3 Rhinocerous Portrait
15609059112_abe608ebaf_z.jpg

#4 Growing up - Juvenile Painted Stork
15422135347_3002ec6b98_z.jpg

#5 Throwing a temper tantrum
15608140925_edffa50b9d_z.jpg

#6. Wings of Darkness

14987990133_6365012d8d_z.jpg

#7. Chimp Portrait

15422079328_1a5a0f6f4f_z.jpg

You have developed some mad skills, Raj!
These are terrific; my favorites are the mandarin ducks and the rhino, although I do wish there was just a little more room to the right of the rhino's nose.

Great shots!

I'd say you showed that lens who's boss.

Great shots!
Thanks guys, much appreciated! :)
Fantastic shots Raj!
Thanks Matt! :) -> I really miss my old green smileys :(
I'd say you showed that lens who's boss.
:biggrin-93: Ah well, if you say so! Thanks Braineack.

Good outing with the new lens! I'm happy for you man!
Thanks a lot Derrel, you guys are so supportive! :1247:
BTW didn't you have the same lens? What did you think about the VR, does it make the image soft or am I doing something wrong? I observed that even below 1/50 I was getting sharper pictures handheld without VR than with VR, if I used a timer to press the shutter (which I usually do) and controlled my breathing and posture properly. Any comments? :boggled:

You have developed some mad skills, Raj!
These are terrific; my favorites are the mandarin ducks and the rhino, although I do wish there was just a little more room to the right of the rhino's nose.
Thanks Sharon, compliments from you super photographers always keeps me inspired to waste even more money on new gears.. It's good that I'm not a billionaire.. I'd end up buying Nikon or something! :bouncingsmileys:

And those were my favorites too! You want more space in front of the nose, I think I can make that happen. I'll get to it once I return from work. :)

Great set, Raj. I agree completely with Sharon and If possible would also like to see more of the stork.

Great set, Raj. I agree completely with Sharon and If possible would also like to see more of the stork.
Thanks Brian, I may have another one of the stork, but I don't know whether I have a full body portrait or not. It's really tough to get a good shot behind the small nets.. I'll try to find one for sure! :(

Amazing what some good glass will do for us mediocre photographers, huh?! :boogie:

Great shots!
"A mediocre photographer with a good glass"That's really catchy! :lol:

No kittens??? :( I'm going to have to re-evaluate our friendship now Raj.

Seriously great shots! Love the rhino. You are doing so awesome with your photography!!!

:clap:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back