First PAID Job - EVER!!!

Wow! Great shots, you really captured the kids well. I know she will be very happy. Kids that age are never easy to shoot or control and if you want to pose them you have to do it in the first ten minutes or so as they only get cranky and out of control after that.

Eric

Nice work here. I think she will be happy

LaFoto said:
I also like 5, though your camera may not have been to happy to be having sand thrown at it... :confused: But for the photo it was worth it :D

Oh, I was FREAKING out! I just had to keep telling myself "warranty" "warranty"! I barely let anyone but me hold the D50 let alone do I often put it in the line of sand fire! :lol:

skylark said:
your client has got a good deal. The fact that you have really captured the enthusiasm and happiness of these youngsters is a bonus. Sorry to break the consensus but I like the one wher the kid is airborne I just love the energy in that one.Good shooting and I suggest you use this portfolio to incerease your charges .

Thank you! The one where she is jumping happened totally by accident, actually. I was trying to get her to pose by the grass and she saw a little baby bunny and went absolutely NUTS! She started jumpin up and down and I just had to take advantage haha

AIRIC said:
Wow! Great shots, you really captured the kids well. I know she will be very happy. Kids that age are never easy to shoot or control and if you want to pose them you have to do it in the first ten minutes or so as they only get cranky and out of control after that.

Wow, yes, you are soooo right! I learned really fast that they didn't care one bit if I had to change lenses or adjust the lighting callobration. I was getting sooo frustrated and finally just gave up and decided to follow them around - that's when I got the best shots I think! Young kids are definitely the greatest photo challenge I've had so far! :)

Thank you everyone else who took the time to help boost my photo confidence! I really enjoy hearing so many nice things from my fellow photo mentors!

You've done really really well here - clean shots of the kids and captured their emotions - she better be happy with them, especially for that price!

Rob

Thank you ROB!

Well, good news all around everyone - she loved them when I showed them to her this morning and promptly wrote me a check! She even told me she'd keep me in mind for her next family photo session - whoo hoo!

Taralyn Romero said:
Wow, yes, you are soooo right! I learned really fast that they didn't care one bit if I had to change lenses or adjust the lighting callobration. I was getting sooo frustrated and finally just gave up and decided to follow them around - that's when I got the best shots I think! Young kids are definitely the greatest photo challenge I've had so far! :)
That's what works best for me, too.

Congrats Taralyn......you can breathe easily now. I remember having sleepless nights with my first ever paid job wondering whether they will like their photos or not. Im lucky to say, (knock on wood) that i havent had any disappointments yet!! So good on you for doing a great job! Im sure there will be more to come!

Great work! ...I guess soon will have some more paid assignments.

Wow, I agree these are some great shots! Very inspirational. Curious to know, what exactly did she get, did you just get a print of each pic that turned out well? did you pay for the prints to be made? just curious as to how you went about it. Again, great series!

-Joe

Thank you BellaPictures, Carlphoto, and Joerocket!

Joerocket - when it came to the prints, I told her that she could have all the digitial negatives and then print the pictures at her own discretion. I would've loved to have done it for her but couldn't find an affordable way around it. I don't trust WAl-mart for my digital photos and all the nice places are too expensive for anything bigger than a 4x6!

How does everyone else do it??? I would love to know from all the digital photographers out there. I am just starting out and need all the advice/help I can get business wise!

when you say you gave her the digital negatives, did you burn them to a cd? or email them? just curious. I wish there was a cheaper way to get digital prints made too, they are way too expensive everywhere I've seen.

-Joe

Most reactions

Back