What's new

First Photo Post. C&C Please

shimabuku

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 17, 2012
Messages
8
Reaction score
1
Location
Hawaii
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Finally made it out to one of my sons soccer game, usually work on the weekends :( As you can see in the original the sky is a little blown out. Not sure what I could have done to improve the photo. I was using a 580EX II/Stofen diffuser handheld in my left hand, maybe I should have increased the power a bit and drag the shutter down a little?

Settings:
1/640
f/4.0
ISO 200
$Original.webp

This is the Lightroom'd version

$Lightroom.webp
 
Hi!

In my opinion, GREAT edit. Really makes it POP. It's razor sharp, with a nice exposure. Sure, the sky is a little blown. Have you tried bringing it down, and then cranking up the exposure of the rest of the photo? It will introduce a little noise, but not much. You did shoot raw? I mean, if it's blown it's blown, but with RAW you can get back more detail than what you'd think. :)
 
The sky in the original is much better. THe edited version is great on the subjects!
 
Background too bright and foreground too dark, I think.

Just noticed you were editing in LR.
I don't think this is as easily fixable in LR as it is in PS.

Pose is terrific, image nice and sharp, color good.
With the original image, this fix would be dramatically better.

Lightroomllllllll.jpg
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom