First photo project - I'd love to hear your opinions!

Thanks everyone for your comments, I was thinking about having them professionally printed and framed and given to my mom and brother (who accompanied my boyfriend and I on the trip) as mementos. Maybe I'll do one for our home as well! It's always nice to have something personal with a story behind it :wink:

Your mom and brother will be delighted when they get the prints! Will look really good, I think, for all three steps of the sunrise are captured well.

I have no problem at all to see the "Morning Star" in the first (I always hear that one's Venus...), and I love the deep blue of the sky in that first photo. But also the quality of the pink in the whispy clouds in 2 is a really nice colour. The view across the clouds is really interesting.

Thank you everyone for the comments, they are very much appreciated and I value your opinions. Just for fun I added two more that I liked:

This one if of the Big Island of Hawaii as seen from the top of Haleakala (you can just barely see the snow on the left side peak)

BigIslandfromHaleakala25.jpg

This one is from a different point on the crater after the sun had fully risen

Haleakala-FullSun25.jpg

Those last two photos have completely blown me away.. I dare say they are the best I've seen in a long time.. WOW.. thats worth submitting to NGM

WOAH. all of those are amazing! I personally like #2 the best of the first ones, and #2 of the second batch. Nevertheless, they are all great. Nice job!

Thanks everyone again for your comments, it's great to get the feedback! I went ahead posted copies of the originals at 25% of the size so they wouldn't be so hard to see in the thread, hopefully it didn't affect the quality too much. DigiJay, what is NGM?

Wow those last larger two are fantastic!!
Love the 2nd one in the first part of the post..

Got it, thanks for the info ;) I'm going to give it a try!

Most reactions

Back