First photography class

Shutterinsect

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Had my first photography class last night, it was a good but in my opinion, WAY too many students. Something like (!) 30.

Also, the classroom was absolutely FREEZING. Either the heat was off or the A/C was cranked. Brrrr...I'm wearing thermals next class. :p

I learned quite a bit, teacher had us all set our cameras to "M" and I finally figured out what the light meter actually is in my new camera.

:thumbup:

30 isn't too bad, mine has 36(Geometry).

Your lucky it isn't 300 like all of my 101 classes at Eastern Michigan University.

If you think the classroom is freezing just wait till you go out on a nice winters night doing photography and have to wait 20 minutes for that 'shot' - then you'll know cold ;)

30's a bit big. My B&W film class at USC right now has about 20 people and it seems like a decent fit, our darkroom's a little small but the professor still seems readily acceptable.

The room is also heated with Southern California awesomeness, yay! XD

I learned quite a bit, teacher had us all set our cameras to "M" and I finally figured out what the light meter actually is in my new camera.

:thumbup:

Is that what "M" means?

Enjoy the learning!

My intro class last fall had about 30 students at the start, and we were about 18 at the end. Some dropped because they were waiting for the teacher to show them the one and only "super awesome magic picture" setting on their camera to allow them to take perfect pictures with no effort.

Instead, it was a class on digital imaging and camera basics.

About 20 in my second class and about 28 in my 101 photoshop class :)

Next week, we are meeting at 6:00pm in Old Montreal to do some night photography. And they are saying another deep freeze is on its way starting this weekend.....

I've often thought about taking a class, but does the basic intro class go beyond explaining shutter speed, aperture, ISO, and what they do in the picture? Do they usually teach some post processing stuff that's worth while?

I've been shooting for around a year now, I'm by no means great, but I understand the basics and wouldn't want to waste my time/money.

I think post processing and composition/how to think to see a picture would help me more. Probably only can get a class for the first though.

Most reactions

Back