First photos after year hiatus - thoughts?

elementguy13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I sold my D60 a year ago and my D7000 came in the mail just a few days ago! Talk about an upgrade! These are the first portraits I did with my new camera. These were all shot with a 50mm 1.8. Your thoughts?

DSC5352-3-L.jpg

DSC5374-2-2-L.jpg

DSC5433-2-2-L.jpg

DSC5443-3-2-L.jpg

DSC5441-2-2-L.jpg

Last edited:
appear a bit soft because i used crappy photo bucket.. don't appear soft on smugmug

www.billfrederick.smugmug.com

Photobucket isn't soft.. if you resize your photos to the 800 x ? before you upload them..... I use it all the time. If you upload larger photos... and let them compress them, yea.. they look like crap.

Why not just share from smugmug? When in the gallery go to share>get a link>click copy on desired link size. I do it alllllll the time from my smugmug account.

appear a bit soft because i used crappy photo bucket.. don't appear soft on smugmug

www.billfrederick.smugmug.com

Photobucket isn't soft.. if you resize your photos to the 800 x ? before you upload them..... I use it all the time. If you upload larger photos... and let them compress them, yea.. they look like crap.

Uploaded them at 4928x3264

Thats the problem.. they compressed them.... do it yourself, and your images will look better!

Thanks Bastiaan. I didn't know it would down grade the photo. It doesn't seem that smugmug does that.

Thanks Bastiaan. I didn't know it would down grade the photo. It doesn't seem that smugmug does that.

Smugmug doesn't, because it's a paid photo hosting site with unlimited storage (well, at least for my pro account it's unlimited). It applies no compression, because it maintains the original file, so you can easily order prints of it.

Do you think the sharpness is okay now? The more I look at them the more I think they are too sharp >.>

#1 at least

elementguy13 said:
Do you think the sharpness is okay now? The more I look at them the more I think they are too sharp >.>

#1 at least

Personally, I don't think a photo can be too sharp. The sharper the better. Over sharpening in post is very easy to do though and doesn't look good.

Most reactions

Back