First pics for C&C

seward93

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I just got my new Rebel XS, and decided to take a few pics.

3491187617_a0aba33d90_b.jpg

Exposure: 0.004 sec (1/250) Aperture: f/3.5 Focal Length: 18 mm ISO Speed: 200 Flash: Off

NOTE: its not noise on the upper half, thats actually what is looks like!

3492027580_f4d0a76fd9_b.jpg

Exposure: 0.006 sec (1/160) Aperture: f/5.7 Focal Length: 49 mm ISO Speed: 200 Flash: Off

Also, can someone please tell me how to get flickr to show the exif if you right click it? I can't seem to figure it out :(

Last edited:
The images seem noisy. What were the shot settings for these pictures?

Settings are up.

Also, I don't know if its what YOU noticed, but it's actually a reflection in the top part of the first one, on a granite-like surface, same thing with the second one.

Settings are up.

Also, I don't know if its what YOU noticed, but it's actually a reflection in the top part of the first one, on a granite-like surface, same thing with the second one.
Ahhhh...I see...yeah, it's the granite.

Did you desaturate these? The color in the leaves and flowers is kinda weak.

nope, they weren't desaturated...

BUMP!

I think the first one is great, I did the vignette- it fits the mood I think you were trying to get at.

Come on, there has to be more than 2 people!

pleassseeeeeeeeeeeee :)

People will comment if they find a reason to comment.

Number 1 is a nice picture and evokes a lot a feelings-everyone for their own reasons..

Last edited:
People will comment if they find a reason to comment.

Number 1 is a nice picture and evokes a lot a feelings-everyone for their own reasons..

Thanks.

And ya, I am mostly looking for critique on the composition and how I can improve it.

I am mostly looking for critique on the composition and how I can improve it.

Raise the camera a little to see more of the reflected sky and tighten the crop a little on the sides, let people arrive at the conclusion that the granite says "lest we forget" rather than having it stuffed in their faces without any real context.

I'd also further desaturate the photo except for the roses in order to enhance the feeling of love and caring as well as sorrow in the picture.

Raise the camera a little to see more of the reflected sky and tighten the crop a little on the sides, let people arrive at the conclusion that the granite says "lest we forget" rather than having it stuffed in their faces without any real context.

I'd also further desaturate the photo except for the roses in order to enhance the feeling of love and caring as well as sorrow in the picture.

Thanks. Once I get the chance, I will try this shot again, but with more sky reflected.

I have lightroom. Do you know how to desaturate the picture, minus a portion (the flowers)?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back