First pics posted C&C

Cmoorephoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So i finally got the nerve up to post some pics. My kids are such characters.
DSC00168.jpg

DSC00152.jpg

DSC00151.jpg

4. Cant forget the other kid:mrgreen:
DSC00048-1.jpg

Nice start! #1 - try to get the eyes in focus...maybe some motion blur? I like #2, but the hat is a bit washed out. # 3 needs the house cropped out and the hat is washed out a bit. # 4 Is a nice pic as well...probably the best of the bunch.

Welcome to the forum.
When taking shots of kids and animals set the shutter at 1/160 or 1/200 for their quick movements that they do.
Focus of the eyes is a must on living subjects. They appear soft, might be able to sharpen up some.
I believe portrait mode on most of these would've given a better image. You can crop 3 for this.
#4 is a good shot, try to use "rule of thirds" though as the dog is dead center. Maybe some more space in the direction the dog is looking and less on the other.
The white hat will be blown out as you're metering for the darker area/clothing she's in that causes the camera to lighten the hat.
Not a bad start:thumbup: It takes practice and patience.

Hmm... the dog maybe in the center, but the face which seems to be the subject of focus is in a good position. Specially the eye.

Good photos, think #4 is the best, has the best exposure. I take a lot of photos of my kids so they got accustomed to acting natural in front of the camera after a while. :thumbup:

Hmm... the dog maybe in the center, but the face which seems to be the subject of focus is in a good position. Specially the eye.

That may be correct but placing extra space in the direction the dog is looking and not behind would give a better image imo. The dog's nose is almost touching the side of the frame and draws your eyes right off the image.

Thanks for all the comments.
My daughter is great to photograph but the dude is too wild.
Thank you for all the tips. I'm gonna keep at it.

Is this a little better or worse. I know the lighting is odd but he IS in a tube!

DSC00164.jpg

Last edited:
I am going against the grain here because #2 is my favorite. I agree about #3 needing the house cropped out, #1 is a little OOF (out of focus) and #4 looks a little underexposed to me. Take as you will! :lol:

2 is my favorite as well. I do see what you all mean about the white hat but I still like it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back